cobol compiler headache

  • cisjwynn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
      I have cloned a PT8.49 environment onto 64bit RHEL5.4 (supported according to Oracle). I have successfully applied Campus Solutions bundles 14 thru 16 to the cloned environment. All went well, SYSAUDIT and DDDAUDIT fine. I have installed MicroFocus Cobol v5 in 64 bit mode on the app server and managed to get psrun.mak to work.

      I have copied all the cobols from PS_home/src/cbl/base up to src/cbl.

      The licence manager is installed and running and I have installed the licences for both 32 and 64bit using the psautoxx scripts from the ULP folder.

      However, when I try to compile my cobols, I am getting the following for every cbl file:

      cob32: error(s) in compilation: FAPEQCPL.cbl
      cp: cannot stat `FAPEQCPL.gnt': No such file or directory
      cp: cannot stat `FAPEQCPL.int': No such file or directory
      cp: cannot stat `FAPEQCPL.lst': No such file or directory
      ./pscbl.mak : Compiling FAPEQDDF.cbl ...
      Micro Focus LMF - 006: You are not licensed to use this product or version. No licenses for this product or version were found in the license database.

      env |grep COB
      COBDIR=/oa/mfc
      COBPATH=/od/SYS849/cs90_pt849/cblbin

      I'm really stumped. I've logged an SR but I need answers a little quicker than I usually get from that source. Any ideas ?

      Thanks
      Julie
    • Nicolas Gasparotto

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2010

          Hi Nicolas

          I found that and have made changes to cobopt.  Now PSRUN.mak works, and I was able to install the 30 day development licence to make pscbl.mak work.  Now most of the cobols are compiling, but I have a number that are not.  Many of these are FAPINASx.cbl files – I am aware that there is a special way to compile these, but don’t seem to have any notes on the method.   Can you advise please ?

          Many thanks

          Julie