BBL

  • rajesh rawat
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
      Hi All,

      Is that possible to boot BBL only. (Without booting any other service like PSPRCSSRC PSDSTSRV etc).
      If it's possible then how? If not why?

      Thanks for your help in advance.

      Raj

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
        Yes, in tmadmin you can issue "boot -M".  However, I can't see why you want to do this.

        DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
          Sorry  - I should have said you can find the boot options in the command reference

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
            OK, PS Admin gurus, time to put on your thinking caps and drink some caffeinated sode, or Chivas, whichever works best for you and you can get away with at work.

            I have inherited a bunch of systems...  On one of the dev systems, something strange is happening - When I go into the Process Monitor, and click on the [Details] link, there seems to be a disconnect between the data on the Process Details page and the View Log/Trace page.  I have checked on the report repoistory server, and the files are where they are supposed to be; additionally, the correct information can be viewed using the Report Manager - only the Process Monitor appears fubared up.

            PT 8.46.05
            HCM 8.9

            (pretend this is a picture of the Process Details page)  - Notice the difference between the type and name.

            Process Detail
            Process
            SQR Report
            27132
            XRFWINCross Reference Window Listing
            SuccessPosted
            Run
            dragon
            Server
            PSNT

            Update Process
            Date/Time
            02/03/2010  2:17:32PM EST
            02/03/2010  2:17:16PM EST
            02/03/2010  2:18:02PM EST
            02/03/2010  2:18:15PM EST

            (pretend this is a picture of the View Log/Trace page that I get from clicking the link above) BTW, the same Log/Trace information below shows for every one of the jobs on the process monitor on this server (except the PIs and RIs change)

            Actions
            Parameters (with link)
            Message Log (with link)
            Batch Timings
            View Log/Trace (with link)
            View Log/Trace
            Report
            1387927132Message Log
            FAM_CNTR_LDApplication Engine
            Success
            Load Employment Contract Info
            Distribution Details
            UNIXSERVER
            File List
            NameFile Size (bytes)Datetime Created
            Name0
            Distribute To
            Distribution ID Type*Distribution ID
            UserUSER ID HERE (and not mine)

            I hope this comes through. ;-p

            peace,
            clark

            ----- Ginormous sig file below -----  Read at your own peril! -----

            services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite

            and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

            "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
            you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
            people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

            "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
            "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
            by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

            "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
            I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

            "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
            of religions."

            SIGNATURE :
            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
            with ketchup.
            You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
            Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
            Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
            A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
            When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
            rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
            order; the alternative is anarchy.
            M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

            Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
            aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

            Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
            The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
            for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
            http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

            NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
            States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
            confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
            of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
            message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
            any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
            written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
            violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
            error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

            Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
            M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

          • BANKS, Richard
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010
              Has process monitor ever worked in this environment or is it recently refreshed?

              You've already checked the Distribution Node settings on PeopleTools > Process Scheduler > Report Nodes (the URL field)?

              Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@hotmail. com
[...]

              This e-mail message (along with any attachments) is intended only for the named addressee and could contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any dissemination, copying or use of any of the information is prohibited. Please notify us immediately by return e-mail if you are not the intended recipient and delete all copies of the original message and attachments.

              This footnote also confirms that this message has been checked for computer viruses.

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2010

                Actually, after I posted, I got more information.  The environment was refreshed somewhere in Dec; it appears they did not dump the process request tables on refresh.  There is probably some corruption as a result of overlapping RI numbers.

                I have suggested a purge of the PR tables, a purge of the report repository and a cycle of the PS.

                I think that should cover it.

                I did check the report nodesinfo, and it all looked OK, and the dist agent was working correctly moving files around.

                thanks.

                peace,
                clark

                To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com