Need an information

  • rajesh rawat
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
      Hello All,

      Hope u all are doin well :-)

      I am having one question and reply from anyone would be greatly appreciable.

      Recently we have installed NON-UNICODE Peoplesoft environment  (Finance).

      Appliaction version - 9.0
      PT version - 8.49.18

      Now, Business is asking to build UNICODE environment of the same applicaiton. (Which need lots of time)

      So, my question is :-

      Is that possible to migrate a NON-UNICODE environment to UNICODE environment?

      We don't want to waste more time to build all the environments from scratch.

      Thanks and Regards,
      Rajesh Rawat

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2010
        I believe you can, but it's going to depend upon your OS, your database flavour and the application.  It's not easy, but it can be done.

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is finite
        and the only real asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -- William G. McAdoo
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        "Does religion calm your fears of death?" "No, but death will calm my fear
        of religions."

        SIGNATURE :
        Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        with ketchup.
        You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        order; the alternative is anarchy.
        M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant, PeopleSoft Admin and

        Security expert, Tech Architect and team lead. ceprn@...
        aolim:ceprn YIM:ceprn

        Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

        NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
        States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
        of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
        error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

        Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2010
        M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

        To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2010
          Hi Rajesh,

          I never tried that but the documentation says it is possible.
          You can check:
          - PeopleBooks > Enterprise PeopleTools 8.49 PeopleBook: Global Technology > Appendinx: Converting PeopleSoft Systems to Unicode Databases > Converting to Unicode on Oracle Databases

          - On Metalink - Doc ID 703689.1 (the PDF inside)

          If you are on Oracle DB you need to be aware also of the new parameter NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS that is needed in the init.ora file for 9.0 Applications with tools starting with PT 8.48, Unicode environments. See Doc ID 650582.1 for detailed explanations.

          Regards,
          Liviu

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, rajesh rawat <rajeshrawat_1982@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > Hope u all are doin well :-)
          >
          > I am having one question and reply from anyone would be greatly appreciable.
          >
          > Recently we have installed NON-UNICODE Peoplesoft environment  (Finance).
          >
          > Appliaction version - 9.0
          > PT version - 8.49.18
          >
          > Now, Business is asking to build UNICODE environment of the same applicaiton. (Which need lots of time)
          >
          > So, my question is :-
          >
          > Is that possible to migrate a NON-UNICODE environment to UNICODE environment?
          >
          > We don't want to waste more time to build all the environments from scratch.
          >
          > Thanks and Regards,
          > Rajesh Rawat
          >

          > The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/

        • rajesh rawat
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2010
            Hi Babu,

            Thanks for your valuable suggesions. I will try it.

            David K - Your input is also valuable for me. :-)