RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PSAPPSRV - Number of service request.

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2009
      This information is held in the Tuxedo Bulletin Board. There are several
      ways of obtaining it.

      1. If you go in to the tmadmin interface via psadmin, you can use the psr
      (or printserver) command, and that will list each of the server processes in
      the domain, and you can see how many services each server process has
      completed. It only counts sucessfully completed services.

      2. There is also an option called 'server status' in the 'domain status
      menu' in psadmin to do this directly.

      3. The PeopleTools performance monitor collects Tuxedo register data, but it
      doesn't collect queuing information properly. So I still occasionally use
      the following option.

      4. I have written shell scripts that invoke tmadmin directly to periodically
      collect this data (see tuxmon scripts at
      http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxmon).

      5. You can enable tuxedo service trace (with -r on the server command line
      definition), and then you get a trace file with one line per successfully
      completed service, this also includes timing information down to
      centi-seconds on Unix (milliseconds on Windows). This is much more
      intrusive that the previous options.

      I dealt with some this in my book - some of it is in the free chapter
      http://www.go-faster.co.uk/PeopleSoft_for_the_Oracle_DBA-1851.pdf

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
      http://blog.go-faster.co.uk