PSAPPSRV - Number of service request.

  • chris_psadm
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2009
      Is anyone has any idea about how to find number of request handled by PSAPPSRV i.e application server service. I am reading about the PSAPPSRV recycle count & as per peoplebook "It is the number of service requests each server carried out before terminated". I want to know about the what is service request & how PSAPPSRV maintains the count of the service requests.

      Thanks,
      Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2009
        This information is held in the Tuxedo Bulletin Board. There are several
        ways of obtaining it.

        1. If you go in to the tmadmin interface via psadmin, you can use the psr
        (or printserver) command, and that will list each of the server processes in
        the domain, and you can see how many services each server process has
        completed. It only counts sucessfully completed services.

        2. There is also an option called 'server status' in the 'domain status
        menu' in psadmin to do this directly.

        3. The PeopleTools performance monitor collects Tuxedo register data, but it
        doesn't collect queuing information properly. So I still occasionally use
        the following option.

        4. I have written shell scripts that invoke tmadmin directly to periodically
        collect this data (see tuxmon scripts at
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk/scripts.htm#tuxmon).

        5. You can enable tuxedo service trace (with -r on the server command line
        definition), and then you get a trace file with one line per successfully
        completed service, this also includes timing information down to
        centi-seconds on Unix (milliseconds on Windows). This is much more
        intrusive that the previous options.

        I dealt with some this in my book - some of it is in the free chapter
        http://www.go-faster.co.uk/PeopleSoft_for_the_Oracle_DBA-1851.pdf

        DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
        http://blog.go-faster.co.uk