PSAPPSRV - Number of service request.
- Is anyone has any idea about how to find number of request handled by PSAPPSRV i.e application server service. I am reading about the PSAPPSRV recycle count & as per peoplebook "It is the number of service requests each server carried out before terminated". I want to know about the what is service request & how PSAPPSRV maintains the count of the service requests.
- This information is held in the Tuxedo Bulletin Board. There are several
ways of obtaining it.
1. If you go in to the tmadmin interface via psadmin, you can use the psr
(or printserver) command, and that will list each of the server processes in
the domain, and you can see how many services each server process has
completed. It only counts sucessfully completed services.
2. There is also an option called 'server status' in the 'domain status
menu' in psadmin to do this directly.
3. The PeopleTools performance monitor collects Tuxedo register data, but it
doesn't collect queuing information properly. So I still occasionally use
the following option.
4. I have written shell scripts that invoke tmadmin directly to periodically
collect this data (see tuxmon scripts at
5. You can enable tuxedo service trace (with -r on the server command line
definition), and then you get a trace file with one line per successfully
completed service, this also includes timing information down to
centi-seconds on Unix (milliseconds on Windows). This is much more
intrusive that the previous options.
I dealt with some this in my book - some of it is in the free chapter
Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
PeopleSoft DBA Forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/psftdba
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
>On Behalf Of chris_psadm
>Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 6:32 PM
>Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PSAPPSRV - Number of service request.
>Is anyone has any idea about how to find number of request
>handled by PSAPPSRV i.e application server service. I am
>reading about the PSAPPSRV recycle count & as per peoplebook
>"It is the number of service requests each server carried out
>before terminated". I want to know about the what is service
>request & how PSAPPSRV maintains the count of the service requests.
>PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see
>http://www.psftdba.com The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by
>http://www.go-faster.co.uk Yahoo! Groups Links