RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum TimeZone Issue

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
      Yo, great throbbing world wide interweb brain!

      Is there anyway to determine when a user was created in PS?  I can not find anything useful in psoprdefn, or any of the associated tables that I am aware of.

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
      you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
      people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo
      Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
      by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

      "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
      I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

      NOTICE:  The information contained in this message is protected under United
      States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
      confidential use of the addressee.  If you are not the addressee or an agent
      of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
      message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
      any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
      written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
      violation of referenced statutes.  If you have received this message in
      error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to

      SIGNATURE :
      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
      with ketchup.
      You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
      Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
      Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
      A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
      When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
      rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
      order; the alternative is anarchy.
      M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant ceprn@...
      aolim:ceprn ICQ 6633136

      Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
      The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
      for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
      http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47

      Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2009
      M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc.  All rights reserved.

    • babaliviu
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
        Although not exact, looking in PSACCESSLOG to see when that user first logged in may help.
        Usually users log in application very soon after their accounts have been created.

        Regards,
        Liviu

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

        > Yo, great throbbing world wide interweb brain!
        >

        > Is there anyway to determine when a user was created in PS? I can not find anything useful in psoprdefn, or any of the associated tables that I am aware of.
        >

        > peace,
        >
        > clark 'the dragon' willis
        >
        > PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your
        > services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
        > only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be
        > recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.
        >
        > I work to live; I don't live to work.
        >
        > "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only
        > you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        > people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)
        >
        > It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo
        > Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
        > by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca
        >
        > "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
        > I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony
        >
        > NOTICE: The information contained in this message is protected under United
        > States and international copyright laws and is intended for the personal and
        > confidential use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee or an agent
        > of the addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this
        > message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, taking of
        > any action in reliance upon or copying of this message without the express
        > written permission of the sender or his agent is strictly prohibited and in
        > violation of referenced statutes. If you have received this message in
        > error, please notify me (the sender) immediately and you are instructed to
        >
        > SIGNATURE :
        > Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
        > with ketchup.
        > You've got to be a Spirit; don't need no Ghosts.
        > Do or Do Not; There is NO Try.
        > Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art !
        > A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
        > When a continuing state of defiance and disorder can not be checked by the
        > rules, then new and sometimes drastic rules must be forged to maintain
        > order; the alternative is anarchy.
        > M. Clark Willis III - Sr Systems Analyst, Sr Consultant ceprn@...
        > aolim:ceprn ICQ 6633136
        >
        > Help stamp out SPAM!! http://www.cauce.org
        > The senders of unsolicited commercial e-mail to me at any site are liable
        > for a $500 per message cost under USC 47, which may be found at
        > http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47
        >
        > Contents of this message, in it's entirety, (c) 2000 - 2009
        > M. Clark Willis III / Dragon Enterprises inc. All rights reserved.

        > With Windows Live, you can organize, edit, and share your photos.
        > http://www.windowslive.com/Desktop/PhotoGallery

      • rmjoye
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
          Check the time on your servers.

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "manjumaller" <manjunath.maller@...> wrote:

          > I have an issue like this.Database,AppServer,Webserver and Batch Server all are in CST.DB was brought from EST and refreshed here.So never noticed that Base Time Zone is EST in PeopleTools->Utilities->PeopleTools Options.So far all Reports in Process Scheduler show EDT.I changed the Base Time Zone to CST.Bounced Web,App,PSNT,PSUX and cleared cache.Still the time which shows in Process MOnitor page is EST and process when run show EST.However if i open report since it ran against the DB it shows CST,But in process Monitor Page whenever scheduled it is EDT.
          >

          > I want CST to be displayed even in Process Monitor
          >
          > Pls Help

        • rmjoye
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2009
            I have set up auditing on psoprdefn for that very reason.

            Your next best source is psaccesslog, you can find when the first time they logged in.

          • Devesh Padmanabhan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
              I may be a late in replying to this post, but just for the sake of the thread I'd still do it.

              Navigate to Home > My Personalizations > Regional Settings > Personalize Option. Check if 'Local Time Zone' has CST  'Use Local Timezone' as No.