Peoplesoft Database connectivity

  • Sunil Kumar Reddy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hello Everyone,

      Can you please let me know the answers for these two questions.

      1)      Does peoplesoft application server uses jdbc, if so which
      version of JDBC.

      2)      Also can we check how the people soft uses the db connection
      pooling ? Whether does it have ability to check the connection
      (sometimes it is possible to define the SQL to run before creating the
      connection) ?

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards,

      Sunil Reddy
    • babaliviu
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hi Sunil,

        Both Application Server and Process Scheduler don't use JDBC drivers.
        For instance, if you use Oracle, they will connect using standard SQL Net protocol (for SQL Server I think it's ODBC connection); on both of them you need to have the Oracle client installed, and it is highly recommended to use exactly the same version as the Oracle server.
        As far I know only Change Impact Analyzer (new software in PeopleTools 8.48) uses JDBC Type 4 drivers.

        There is no need of connection pooling in PeopleSoft, because App Server and Process Scheduler processes have persistent connections/sessions to the database.

        Regards,
        Liviu

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Sunil Kumar Reddy <sunil.psdba@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > Can you please let me know the answers for these two questions.
        >
        > 1)      Does peoplesoft application server uses jdbc, if so which
        > version of JDBC.
        >
        > 2)      Also can we check how the people soft uses the db connection
        > pooling ? Whether does it have ability to check the connection
        > (sometimes it is possible to define the SQL to run before creating the
        > connection) ?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Sunil Reddy

      • Sunil Kumar Reddy
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 7, 2009
          Hi Liviu,

          Thanks a lot for your valuable information.
          Thanks to Alexander Peralta who is also a member of this group,
          provided me with the same information when i was in desperate need.
          Thanks to all the group members. Very kind of you guys.

          Regards,
          Sunil Reddy