"Checkpoint is not complete" problem.

  • Sanesh Kale
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hi Dear All,

      I have production database with with 24x7.

      6 redo log groups with 1 member in each.
      databse size is 75GB.

      but frequent massage is comming in alert log file "Checkpoint is not complete."
      how to resolve it.

      pls reply,

      Regard & Thanks,
      Sanesh Kale
      sanesh.kale@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
        what flavor of database? Access?

        PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

        I work to live; I don't live to work.

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

        Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
          How big are the redo log files?  How often are they switching?

          DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
            Hi Dear All,

            I have Oracle 10gR2 production database with with 24x7.

            6 redo log groups with 1 member each of 50MB size.
            Total databse size is 75GB.

            but frequent massage is comming for every 3,5, 10 seconds in alert log file "Checkpoint is not complete."
            how to resolve it.

            pls reply,

            Regard & Thanks,
            Sanesh Kale
            sanesh.kale@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
              You probably need larger log files (rather than more log files).  Depending upon the size of the system, I have seen redo logs of up to 2Gb used.
              As a very rough guideline, you should make them large enough that you switch log files no more than once per minute at peak times.