(SQR 6806) String2Em: String to Decimal Object Conversion Error

  • Amil Turkhia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2009
      Hi Everybody,

      I am working on a development environment which has Oracle 9.2.0.6 database and People Tools release 8.42. We are receiving SQR 6806 error while running sqr, this is because we have a number field in a table which does not have scope and precision. I have checked metalink and other forums that this problem can be fixed be setting event 10499 in init.ora file of the database. In our case this is not working. We can not upgrade the database or People Tools is there a patch or work around for this problem.

      Regards,

      Amil

      (SQR 6806) String2Em: String to Decimal Object Conversion Error

      String2Em:String to Decimal Object Conversion
      Error.

      In looking at customer
      connection had reference of the following:

      Oracle has stated that
      this is not a bug but rather a change in behavior. New changes to Oracle 10 and implemented those changes to Oracle 9.2.0.3 and
      higher. There is a require change in SQR in order to accommodate these changes (incident
      614806000). But in the meantime below is a workaround that can implemented to fix the problem.

      The
      workaround for this problem is setting the following event in the database by
      adding the following parameter into the init<SID>.ora file and
      bouncing the SID.

      event='10499 trace name context forever, level
      10'

      NOTE:
      Fixed in Tools PT 8.21 or PT8.44 or
      higher.

      All other versions of PTools SQR (with Oracle 9.2.0.3.x or higher)
      , require the Oracle workaround described above. From the development effort
      for this issue some details on the behavior change --
      If a column of
      datatype NUMBER has no precision and scale values defined, the value of the
      OCI_ATTR_SCALE attribute when queried via the Oracle Call Interface is returned
      as zero instead of -127
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
        Does anyone know what PeopleSoft tables are queried to get the information that is used for the compare reports?  Specifically, I have some changes identified as *changed.  It's my understanding that this is indicated when a user other than PPLSFT changes the definition, and I am trying to find out what user ID is associated with the change, as well as (hopefully) a date.

        PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

        I work to live; I don't live to work.

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

        Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

        Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
          Back in the 2000 US presidential election...  OK, just kidding..

          Whenever a query is cancelled or times out in PeopleSoft, the underlying query in the database decides it doesn't really want to be stop having fun and happily goes chgging along in the database chewing up resources until it either completes, fails due to a temp space issue or is killed by the DBAs.  I am thinking there has to be a better way - anyone have any ideas?

          PS DB in this case is Oracle 10.2.0.3.0

          PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

          I work to live; I don't live to work.

          "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

          It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

          Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

          "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

          Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
        • Devesh Padmanabhan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
            Clark,

            The flags that are set in the compare reports that are set can be found in the table PSPROJECTITEM. If you wish to find out who has changed a particular object then you will have to query the tables depending upon the object i.e if you wish to find out the changes in done in a record then you will have to query the PSRECDEFN table and check columns LASTUPDOPRID and LASTUPDDTTM. Like wise if it is a page you will have to query the table PSPNLDEFN and check the same columns (LASTUPDOPRID and LASTUPDDTTM), so on and so forth.

            Hope this helps.

            Thanks,
            Devesh

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2009
              You should configure Oracle Terminated Connection Timed (also known as Dead Connection Detection).
              However, it doesn't always work perfectly, some people report problems, but I have seen it work properly on 10gR2 on Unix.

              If you want to use PeopleSoft Query Timeout (where you specify a timeout for the operator), that relies on this feature.
              Enabling it is, in effect, a mandatory setting.

              DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle: http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 30, 2009
                Please refer to the link that lists all the PeopleTools tables. You can query based on which object(s) have been customized.

                http://psst0101.wordpress.com/peopletools-tables/

                Hope this helps.