HCM9 on DB2 9 for Z/OS

  • Subair
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2009
      Hi,

      Application: HCM 9
      PT 8.49

      Has any body here used DB2 UDB for Z/OS with Peoplesoft. What is your experience in setting up and maintaining the DB ? Do you have any good practice to suggest in any area of the DBA activities. Are you aware of any documents or guidelines from Oracle for setting up or tuning the DB2 database. Any other comments ?.

      Thanks in advance.
      Subair

      Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 20, 2009
        lol. The only suggestion I have is get them the hell off db2 and onto Oracle. When will companies learn?

        PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

        I work to live; I don't live to work.

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

        It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

        Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

        "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony