PeopleSoft on IBM PSeries AIX 5.3 - need info to help scale down

  • Juneau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Dear all,

      Our parent company is running Production PeopleSoft Financials GL, AR, BI 8.9 (WebLogic, Tuxedo, App Server, Oracle 10g, Process Scheduler) all on one machine
      - an IBM PSeries
      - 32 Power5 64-bit 2.3 Ghz CPUs
      - PS licensed for 1000 (a guess so far) users

      Also, they are running all the same things on a Reporting machine PeopleSoft 8.9 (WebLogic, Tuxedo, App Server, Oracle 10g, Process Scheduler)
      - an IBM PSeries
      - 14 Power5 CPU 2.3 Ghz CPUs

      I am being asked to help spec the hardware (from a PeopleSoft point of view) for a new company which will be much, much smaller than the parent (10% of the parent).

      The questions are

      - can the new company buy much scaled down versions, e.g. 8 CPU and 4 CPU versions of the above machines and run a 300 user PeopleSoft on it? Do you run on this IBM kit or do you know of good discussion documents to refer me to?

      - why would the parent be running a Reporting machine separate to the Production machine (we can't just ask them, believe me, I've tried) - I assume it's because the batch jobs are very heavy and keeping them on a separate machine avoids hitting the performance of the Production environment)

      Thanks,
      Juneau