RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: SAMSRV and QCKSRV processes:

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2009
      When you reconfigure the domain without PSQCKSRV the services are moved to
      PSAPPSRV.
      Removing PSSAMSRV will definitely break nVision in 3-tier.

      Exactly which service did it complain about?

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
      http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

    • Bob Joye
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 7, 2009
        It was definitely PSQCKSRV that I turned off. It only broke some
        nVisions that were run 3-tier, not all. If I remember correctly, they
        would process part of the way then not complete correctly.

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "David Kurtz" <david.kurtz@...> wrote:

        > When you reconfigure the domain without PSQCKSRV the services are
        moved to
        > PSAPPSRV.
        > Removing PSSAMSRV will definitely break nVision in 3-tier.
        >
        > Exactly which service did it complain about?
        >
        > regards
        > _________________________
        > David Kurtz
        > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
        > tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
        > fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
        > mailto:david.kurtz@...
        > web: www.go-faster.co.uk
        > Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
        > DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
        > http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

      • jeremy
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 9, 2009
          Wouldn't a good service to move to PSQCKSRV be the security service used
          by logins (GetCertificate), especially in systems with large user
          populations? Obviously I agree with the thinking "stay as vanilla as
          possible". If you don't have the time or resources to get into the BEA
          stack too much then customizations probably aren't worth it. I just
          thought I would throw an example of a "quick" service you could move to
          this server.

          Jeremy Gude

          --
          Jeremy Gude