Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Oracle 11g upgrade tips?

  • shajivps
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2008
      Shaun,

      Can you please go ahead and post your experience on 11g on Linux for
      peoplesoft ? It will be good information for anyone using 11g whether
      its linux or not.

      Also, specifically, how to you capture oracle statistics (dbms_stats)
      in 11g for peoplesoft ? Are you using the default scheduler job that
      gets started when you build the database OR running a custom one ?
      Its more of an issue when your db is big. I have a 1.4TB finance
      database and I am using custom code to achieve this instead of the
      built-in job. I would like to know how others are handling this.
      Please let us know the size of the database as this is what is driving
      us to use custom code.

      Thanks,

      Shaji Sahadevan
      Perot Systems/CVS Pharmacy.

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Shaun <shaundl@...> wrote:

      > Hi Kristin,
      >
      > We have just completed an upgrade to 11g (PT 8.48, Release 9.0 ).
      >
      > I would not call it a smooth transition, we've hit a number of bugs
      and performance impacts, but overall I think there are massive
      improvements, particularly in OLTP.

      > We are still trying to fix many things (Go-Live was 1st September),
      so I won't post the details just yet, but we am working directly with
      Oracle to get these addressed ASAP.

      > One thing: We decided to commit to Linux, and this caused the
      decision to go 11g. Linux has brought massive server response time
      improvements (PSping is now: 0.4 browser, 0.02 Web, 0.14 App, 0.01 DB
      ! ), but there are implications on the 10g client - hangs on linux
      unless you're on 10.2.0.4 (known bug), which then had other
      implications for our SQR's.

      > If you or anyone intends to go 11g on linux, let me know and I'll
      try and post a full update.

      > Shaun Lindsay
      > University of Cambridge

      9.2 to 11g and was wondering if anyone out there has done an 11g
      upgrade. Do you have any suggestions, tips or gotchas you can share?
      What kind of changes to the application did you have to make? What
      kind of testing did you do? Did you have a smooth transition?

      > We are on PT 8.48 and application release 8.9.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kristin Omdahl
      > Medtronic, Inc.

    • T
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9, 2008
        Hi Shaun,

        We are planning to move to Linux and 11g. We are on PTools 8.48 and Release 9.0 for CRM and SCM.
        Could you please post the details of issues and fixes you found?

        Thanks in advance for your help,

        Toby

        Get the name you've always wanted ! @... or @....