Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum monitoring weblogic

  • James Blanding
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2008
      After a couple hours of digging through various resources, this is
      what I've come up with for anyone interested:

      $ java weblogic.Admin -url t3://HOST:PORT GET -pretty -mbean
      "WLDOMAIN:ApplicationRuntime=SERVERNAME_peoplesoft,Location=SERVERNAME,Name=SERVERNAME_SERVERNAME_peoplesoft_PORTAL,ServerRuntime=SERVERNAME,Type=WebAppComponentRuntime"
      -property OpenSessionsCurrentCount -property OpenSessionsHighCount
      -property SessionsOpenedTotalCount
      ---------------------------
      MBeanName:
      "WLDOMAIN:ApplicationRuntime=SERVERNAME_peoplesoft,Location=SERVERNAME,Name=SERVERNAME_SERVERNAME_peoplesoft_PORTAL,ServerRuntime=SERVERNAME,Type=WebAppComponentRuntime"
      OpenSessionsCurrentCount: 2
      OpenSessionsHighCount: 5
      SessionsOpenedTotalCount: 330

      Stuff before the line of dashes is the command, and everything else
      (including the dashes) is output. Substitute the name of the WebLogic
      Domain (i.e. the name of the directory under PS_HOME/webserv) for
      WLDOMAIN, and the name of the server (default is "PIA") for
      SERVERNAME. In a multi-server domain, when substituting HOST and PORT
      in the t3 URL, use the
      values for the Managed server, NOT the WebLogic Administration server.
      Also, you probably need to source setEnv.sh before this will work.

      Now to write some shell magic to parse it into a nice one-line format...

      --James

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "James Blanding" <stoneandkobi@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I figured it might, but that's another project, and it's on the
      > back burner at the moment. I was just trying to come up with some
      > sort of kludge for now. :)
      >
      > --James
      >
      > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "David Kurtz" <david.kurtz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > PeopleSoft Performance Monitor collects this sort of information in
      > some of
      > > the events (if you aren't running PT8.49!)
      > >
      > > regards
      > > _________________________
      > > David Kurtz
      > > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
      > > tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
      > > fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
      > > mailto:david.kurtz@
      > > web: www.go-faster.co.uk
      > > Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
      > > DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
      > > http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

    • babaliviu
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2008
        The same thing could be accomplished by using the instructions at the
        following link:
        http://psadmin.blogspot.com/2008/02/weblogic-monitoring-scripts.html

        I believe with WLST (WebLogic Scripting Tool) you can find quite easy
        everything you have in the Weblogic Server Console.

        Regards,
        Liviu