Cobol sql (unix) GPPDPRUN randomly fails to tun to success

  • prasad prasad
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hi DBA's,

      Our customer is running the Payroll process , in which the Cobol process GPPDPRUN
      is being run by various users , randomly the process is in the processing state and fails
      to run to success. We have to manually cancel the process after some time.But the same process runs to success by the same user many times again (simultaneously),
      It doesnt throw any error though

      The payroll is being calculated only for 15 users

      The process is run on a unix process scheduler and we are on tools 8.49 and hcm 9

      Awaiting your suggestions

      Thanks & Regards,
      Prasad.

    • Deep Pandey

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
          Hi Prasad,
          I understand that there may be contention for rows in cases where the
          payroll is being run by simultaneous users (**Case for deadlock??). So
          one of the solutions is to put a restriction in process definition, to
          just run one at a time.
          When you actually cancel the payroll only in process monitor, the SQL
          session still continues to be held by the database. So when you know
          someone has canceled, its good to ensure that the DB releases the SQL
          session (or kill it manually).

          Cheers,
          Pradeep
        • prasad prasad
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2008
            Hi DBA's,

            The are the process scheduler o/p ,

            The process gets stuck at this phase and throws no errors,

            Oracle Enterprise Global Payroll and Absence Management - Version 9.0
            Copyright (c) 2006 Oracle
            All rights reserved.

              Top of the process: 15:47:47

              Connecting to the database D****
              with user ID: RUSM10001
               and Exec batch ID: 1

              ID Gp Calendar CPM DIR 2008M03
              Number Process: 16
              No. Set: 0

            ID Group List:
              ID: And
              -- Suspension Assets: N
              Calculation: And
              -- Tracking: N
              -- Recalculate All: N
               Option Thaw: N
              Freeze: N
              Completion: N
              Cancellation: N
              Option Suspense: N
              Outside Option Cycle: N
              Interrupted Insertion Lot: N

              Interval ID: 2000
              Interval Calculation: 1000
              Interval Progress: 500
               Interval Cancellation: 2000

            Recipients rank Processed
              First Employee ID: 0000001
              Ultima Employee ID: TEST001

              Top of the initial phase: 15:47:48

              Search home T & L

              Completion of Initial Phase: 15:47:48

              Top Phase ID: 15:47:48

              Total No. of recipients identified: 17
              Total No. of segments identified: 17

              Completion Phase ID: 15:47:54

              Top Phase Calculation: 15:47:54

            and i dont think parallel processing could be an issue as , the when the same process is
            in the stuck state , the same process run by other users have run to success

            Regards,
            Prasad