LDAP Setup

  • khamsala
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2008
      Hi We are in peoplesoft 8.9/tools 8.4. we like to intergrate
      peoplesoft with Microsoft Directory using LDAP for authenticating
      users and also have single Signon. I have couple of Questions.

      By reading books I find that PS caches the Directory Schema into ps
      directory. Will this mean that ps will store the
      passwords,userid,user information in the paticular directory in PS as
      cache files.

      What kind of previlages like read,write,delete,update need to be
      given to the account that need to be used in the "User DN:" section.
      Do we need to give access to whole Directory or what level of the
      Dirctory it needs to be created.

      How is PS searches information to get from the Directory? Do we need
      to give access to the nick name fields in the dirctory also

      How will we handle 2 same emplid accounts asscociated to 2 different
      Network id one is admin account and other one is the user information
      accounts.

      If network id is disable will the user able to login into PS. How do
      we handle this??..

      I will apperciate, if any help are ideas are provided.

      Thanks
      Kris