BEA's TUXEDO Web based GUI administration tool

  • Henry Poras <hporas@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003
      I know this isn't a database issue, but I was hoping some of the
      technical expertise on this list could help. I'm having trouble
      getting peoplesoft domains to start by using the BEA GUI tool. This
      is a summary of my tests:

      Test 1: Deactivate the application servers via the GUI tool. Leave
      the BBL alone. Activate the application servers. SUCCESSFUL
      (CONCLUSION: GUI can activate all of the application servers)

      Test 2: Deactivate the entire domain via the GUI tool (application
      servers and BBL). Activate the BBL via the GUI. Activate the rest of
      the application servers via psadmin (psadmin reports seeing the
      active BBL and doesn't start
      a duplicate). SUCCESSFUL (CONCLUSION: GUI can activate the BBL)

      Test 3: Deactivate the entire domain via the GUI tool. Activate the
      BBL via the GUI. Activate the rest of the application servers via the
      GUI. UNSUCCESSFUL (the errors depend on the specific type of
      peoplesoft domain started:application server, process scheduler
      server) (CONCLUSION: Something happens in psadmin between starting
      the BBL and starting the application servers. GUI can successfully
      start BBL, it can successfully start application servers, it cannot
      successfully start both in succession).

      It seems that psadmin runs some code between starting up the BBL and
      the rest of the processes (servers). Is there any kind of trace I can
      run to find out what this is? I'm still at the beginning stages of
      learning Tuxedo, so any help or pointers would be appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Henry
    • James De Atley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2003

        Henry,

        Have never worked with the BEA GUI tool, but it sounds like you need to take a look at the tuxedo logs, appserver, and process scheduler logs and see what kind of error messages your getting before I could send you in the right direction.  these can be found under PS_HOME/domain/logs directory.  if you could also take a look at what commands the BEA GUI is using to start the processes (they may not be in PS form), that might give you a clue.  you can start and stop all these processes using the command line ... first things first ... find out what error messages tuxedo is returning and go from there.

        Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

        Cheers,

        James De Atley

         "Henry Poras <hporas@...>" <hporas@...> wrote:

[...]

        The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd. http://www.go-faster.co.uk

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Henry Poras <hporas@attbi.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2003
          Well, I finally got it working. PeopleSoft grabs some environment
          variables on the fly when running psadmin, so if you try to start
          stuff from another tool (i.e. the Bea GUI tool) it doesn't work. The
          method to use is to add the variables to the ubb file so the GUI tool
          can read them from pstuxconfig. Some of the variables needed are
          PS_SERVER_CFG, and PSSERVDIR. I'll try and post a more detailed note
          on this in the next couple of days.

          Henry

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Henry Poras <hporas@a...>"