Re: Remote App Server booting ?

  • Bob Joye
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2008
      Oracle has a PeopleSoft plug-in for their Enterprise Manager (OEM)
      product. It has that functionality.

      You can also set it up to monitor your PeopleSoft environment(s) and
      email alerts should anything fail.

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "matrix_alien" <crispin.bivans@...> wrote:

      > There are many times when it would be nice to remotely bounce App
      > Servers and Schedulers without logging into each server. Such as
      > before and after database refreshes (for test db). To support this, we
      > currently have scheduled jobs on each server to stop/start at the
      > appropriate time, but if it is an 'off-schedule' refresh then it
      > requires logging into each server.
      >
      > We have a mix of Unix and NT environments.
      >
      > I'd like to find out what tools have been used in the past to support
      > remotely stop/starting App Servers and schedulers.

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2008
        Grid control has a nice plug in for this.

        If you have them created as services you should be able to stop/start
        easily from another machine if you are using windows