default column value

  • ntiratto
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      I was asked about setting a default value on a custom field that had
      been added to a delivered table/record in our PS Finapps application
      database. Our DBMS is Oracle. Is there anything inherently
      problematic with assigning a default value to a column?
      I did a search of this forum and couldn't find another message
      concerning this topic. Thanks in advance for any help with this
      question. Regards.
    • Manoj Negi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008

        Hi -

        We have someting called FieldDefault event in component processor. If you are assigning any values at Component-Record-Field FieldDefault event or Record-Field FieldDefault event then default value will be reset to programmatically assigned value

        I believe, you need to check the Component-Record-Field FieldDefault event or Record-Field FieldDefault event peoplecode.

        Thanks,

        Manoj

        I was asked about setting a default value on a custom field that had
        been added to a delivered table/record in our PS Finapps application
        database. Our DBMS is Oracle. Is there anything inherently
        problematic with assigning a default value to a column?
        I did a search of this forum and couldn't find another message
        concerning this topic. Thanks in advance for any help with this
        question. Regards.

        Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.