RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum idea

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
      Are you running the analytic servers? (Although I realise that this message
      appears to come from the PSAPPSRVs).

    • Joan Hsieh
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi David,

        we are not running the analytic servers. Indeed, the message came from
        the paappservs. I am just wondering why the appser log was empty from
        time 08:58:07 to 09:00:14. It should record every seconds activitities
        there. Any cause can you think of?

        Thanks,

        Joan

        David Kurtz wrote:

        > Are you running the analytic servers? (Although I realise that this message
        > appears to come from the PSAPPSRVs).
        >
        > regards
        > _________________________
        > David Kurtz
        > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.

      • Joan Hsieh
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
          I forgot to mention that the exactly error that the user got is on their
          logon screen, said appser is down. Appser is up all the time actually.
          The users can logon short after. The problem seems fixed by itself, but
          no one knows the reason.

          Joan

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2008
            'Application Server is Down' can be caused, amongst other things, by running
            out of JSH handles.

            JSL/JSH are tuxedo processes and log errors to the tuxlog. Only PeopleSoft
            code logs to APPSRV.log.
            It might be worth checking both for the problem period.

            The maximum number of concurrent PIA sessions that can connect to a Tuxedo
            domain is the maximum number of JSH handlers multiplied by the number of
            clients per handler.

            This includes sessions where the user has terminated the browser without
            logging out. They will eventually be timed out on reaching either the PIA
            inactivity timeout, or the JSH inactivity timeout, whichever be the least.

          • Joan Hsieh
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
              Thanks David,

              Your explanation really make sense. I have checked the tuxedo log, from
              8:58 to 9:05, all the messages are JOLT_CAT:1175 dISCONNECTING LISTENER
              CONNECTION TO jOLT CLIENT, but I do have one more question, according to
              our client, after 9:01 the problem was gone and the appser.log start to
              have entries, why the tuxedo "disconnecting" messages last to 9:05?

              Thanks again,

              Joan

              085708.admprod!JSH.1228954.1.-2: JOLT_CAT:1185: "INFO: Userid: [],
              Clientid: [] timed out due to inactivity"
              085708.admprod!JSH.1228954.1.-2: JOLT_CAT:1198: "WARN: Forced shutdown
              of client; user name ''; client name ''"
              085734.admprod!JSH.372976.1.-2: JOLT_CAT:1185: "INFO: Userid: [],
              Clientid: [] timed out due to inactivity"
              085734.admprod!JSH.372976.1.-2: JOLT_CAT:1198: "WARN: Forced shutdown of
              client; user name ''; client name ''"
              085742.admprod!JSL.1253452.1.0: JOLT_CAT:1175: "WARN: Disconnecting
              listener connection to Jolt client, request timed out"
              085748.admprod!JSL.1253452.1.0: JOLT_CAT:1175: "WARN: Disconnecting
              listener connection to Jolt client, request timed out"
              085803.admprod!JSL.1253452.1.0: JOLT_CAT:1175: "WARN: Disconnecting

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                A possible scenario suggested by the JOLT_CAT:1175 messages is that you ran
                out of JSH handlers due to an earlier problem, and it started to clear as
                the JSL sessions started to timeout.

                DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
                http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

              • Joan Hsieh
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3, 2008
                  Hi David,

                  Thank you so much. You are really an expert.

                  Regards,

                  Joan