Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Managing LDAP integration

  • kevin_slack
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2008
      Sorry for being unclear. By *test* I meant "not production*. As the
      DBA I am responsible for doing the refreshes, but not being the
      security admin, I don't make the policy on what happens to the data
      when a database is refreshed. So currently when I refresh, I do
      nothing to the security as it is set up in PeopleSoft. That is someone
      else's task.

      When we use LDAP, though, I was not sure what, if anything, I might be
      required to do in terms of preserving security tables, making changes
      via scripts or whatever in order to set up any given non-production
      environment (DEV, TEST, UAT, etc).

      From some of the responses it seems like we have several options from
      Setting up each environment, exporting tables and importing after a
      refresh, to not using LDAP at all.

      Many thanks for all the input. I will pass this on to the powers above
      and see what my future holds. ;-)

      Regards,
      Kevin