Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum instalation of peoplesoft on oracle & functional docs r

  • shajivps
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
      Balaji,

      As Robert said, go to peoplesoft connection and oracle technet to
      get all the documentation. The peoplesoft 9 installation document is
      pretty good. We had the peoplesoft consultant/installer install
      all the products and we did not have any issues setting up the demo
      environment on AIX. We created the dev environment (2TB db on oracle)
      and finished our first upgrade. Installation document from
      peoplesoft is pretty good. I am a dba supporting peoplesoft and this
      was my first peoplesoft installation end-end and so far not much
      problems. Going for the UAT install next week.

      Regards,

      Shaji.

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...> wrote:

      > You can download all the documentation from Customer Connection at
      > http://www.peoplesoft.com
      >

      > balaji_kumar_katta wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am trying to install peoplesoft on Oracle, but unfortunately i was
      > > strucking at the instalation of the database itself.
      > >
      > > can anysend any information regarding this....
      > >
      > > i require the functional Documents, if any can refer that it will be
      > > more helpfull for me.
      > >
      > > Thanks in Advance.

    • dba.mailbox
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
        Hi Balaji,

        The best resource of PeopleSoft installation is no doubt PeopleTools
        Installation guide, which can be downlaoded from PeopleSoft Customer
        Connection.

        I can however list you the main steps need to perform PS installaion
        on Oracle on same server.

        1. Install DB server (Oracle)
        2. Install Tuxedo/Welogic
        3. Create PS_HOME by installing PeopleTools CDs.
        4. Install PS application CD (HR/FIN/CRM etc) in same PS_HOME as
        Tools PS_HOME.
        5. Crete Database using DB config wizzard or Manually (Preferable).
        You need to run six .sql scripts and few dms script. Please reer
        install doc for exact names.
        6. Configure App server.Process Sched.
        7. Install PIA.
        8. Check n-Tier connectivity.

        If you need clarification on any step. Please let us know.

        Cheers,
        Michael Sharma
        Senior PS consultant

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "balaji_kumar_katta"