instalation of peoplesoft on oracle & functional docs required......

  • balaji_kumar_katta
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008

      I am trying to install peoplesoft on Oracle, but unfortunately i was
      strucking at the instalation of the database itself.

      can anysend any information regarding this....

      i require the functional Documents, if any can refer that it will be
      more helpfull for me.

      Thanks in Advance.
    • Robert Ellis
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
        You can download all the documentation from Customer Connection at
        http://www.peoplesoft.com

        balaji_kumar_katta wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am trying to install peoplesoft on Oracle, but unfortunately i was
        > strucking at the instalation of the database itself.
        >
        > can anysend any information regarding this....
        >
        > i require the functional Documents, if any can refer that it will be
        > more helpfull for me.
        >
        > Thanks in Advance.

      • shajivps
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
          Balaji,

          As Robert said, go to peoplesoft connection and oracle technet to
          get all the documentation. The peoplesoft 9 installation document is
          pretty good. We had the peoplesoft consultant/installer install
          all the products and we did not have any issues setting up the demo
          environment on AIX. We created the dev environment (2TB db on oracle)
          and finished our first upgrade. Installation document from
          peoplesoft is pretty good. I am a dba supporting peoplesoft and this
          was my first peoplesoft installation end-end and so far not much
          problems. Going for the UAT install next week.

          Regards,

          Shaji.

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Robert Ellis <robert.ellis@...> wrote:

          > You can download all the documentation from Customer Connection at
          > http://www.peoplesoft.com
          >

          > balaji_kumar_katta wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I am trying to install peoplesoft on Oracle, but unfortunately i was
          > > strucking at the instalation of the database itself.
          > >
          > > can anysend any information regarding this....
          > >
          > > i require the functional Documents, if any can refer that it will be
          > > more helpfull for me.
          > >
          > > Thanks in Advance.

        • dba.mailbox
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20, 2008
            Hi Balaji,

            The best resource of PeopleSoft installation is no doubt PeopleTools
            Installation guide, which can be downlaoded from PeopleSoft Customer
            Connection.

            I can however list you the main steps need to perform PS installaion
            on Oracle on same server.

            1. Install DB server (Oracle)
            2. Install Tuxedo/Welogic
            3. Create PS_HOME by installing PeopleTools CDs.
            4. Install PS application CD (HR/FIN/CRM etc) in same PS_HOME as
            Tools PS_HOME.
            5. Crete Database using DB config wizzard or Manually (Preferable).
            You need to run six .sql scripts and few dms script. Please reer
            install doc for exact names.
            6. Configure App server.Process Sched.
            7. Install PIA.
            8. Check n-Tier connectivity.

            If you need clarification on any step. Please let us know.

            Cheers,
            Michael Sharma
            Senior PS consultant

            --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "balaji_kumar_katta"