Re: ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace

  • shajivps
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
      Manoj,

      Unable to extend temp extent will be recieved if you are
      building an index, running a query with grouping/sorting. This will
      fail only the statement that gets this error and will not affect
      anything else. If you are creating an large index and if you get
      this error, look at the space in the tablespace that holds this index.
      If you get this error from a sql statment that is grouping/sorting
      data, look at the default temporary tablespace of the database to see
      if it has enough free space. Other situations that will generate
      this error is if there are too many concurrent sessions that are
      sorting/grouping data and temp space is fully used up.

      Regards,

      Shaji
      shajivps@...

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Manoj Negi <negi2u@...> wrote:

      > Hi All -
      >

      > I have received the following error in the oracle alert log file.
      > ksedmp: internal or fatal error
      > ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace
      >
      > Just curious to know, if under this particular session any CREATE
      TABLE command was executed then will this table be created in the
      database?