PeopleSoft DBA Forum Huge SCHDLR.LOG

  • H NG
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi all,

      I am having huge SCHDLR.LOG and to purge that file reguarly.
      Do some of you know how to avoid this ?

    • DEEP PANDEY
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
        batter to schedules some cron job to delete logs in regular intervals .

        H NG wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I am having huge SCHDLR.LOG and to purge that file reguarly.
        > Do some of you know how to avoid this ?
        >
        > Thanks

        > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails
        > <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/mail_taglines/trueswitch/SIG=11gshn0bu/**http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trueswitch.com%2Fyahoo-fr%2F>
        > vers Yahoo! Mail

      • Bob Joye
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008
          Check your LogFence value in your process scheduler config file. You
          can adjust it to write more or less to your log file.

          There after, schedule a job that purges old files.

          FYI, The PeopleSoft plug-in to Oracle Enterprise Manager aka Grid
          Control comes with a log purge process :)

          Bob Joye
          Enterprise Technology Engineer
          International Speedway Corporation
          (386) 681-5258 (office)
          (386) 566-0857 (mobile)
          rjoye@...

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, H NG <psoftneto@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I am having huge SCHDLR.LOG and to purge that file reguarly.
          > Do some of you know how to avoid this ?
          >
          > Thanks

          > Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers
          Yahoo! Mail http://mail.yahoo.fr

        • Nixon T G
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14, 2008
            Also you can try to disable tracing levels in the configuration file.
            PS_HOME/appserv/prcs/domainname/psprcs.cfg.
            Nixon