Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Software Inventory of Installed PeopleSoft Applications

  • Manoj Kumar
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
      PSRELEASE & PS_INSTALLTION

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: rkothari22 <rkothari22@...>
      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 1 February, 2008 2:13:43 AM
      Subject: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Software Inventory of Installed PeopleSoft Applications

      Is there a table(s) in the PeopleSoft database that can queried to
      determine what Applications (ie, HR, FCSM, Campus, etc) are
      installed/implement ed within a particular PeopleSoft domain?

      Save all your chat conversations. Find them online.
    • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
        We are trying to use Application Message
        (EOP_PUBLISHF) to import data to
        PS_TL_RPTD_ELPTIME in Peopletools 8.48.13 We're using
        the ELAPSED_TIME channel and the ELAPSED_TIME_ADD
        message. It stops in the Subscribe Contract stage; all
        messages are status "New" and There is no "error"
        status messages.

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • saravanan g
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2008
          Kindly check the following things

          1.Make sure that your PUB/SUB servers are up
          2.Check whether channel(Ie Queue in PT 8.48) is in 'Run' status
          3.If PUB/SUB is already up, then restart PUB/SUB and again try.

          Thanks,
          Saravanan.

          Bhimsingh Wadhwa <ph55856@...> wrote:
          We are trying to use Application Message
          (EOP_PUBLISHF) to import data to
          PS_TL_RPTD_ELPTIME in Peopletools 8.48.13 We're using
          the ELAPSED_TIME channel and the ELAPSED_TIME_ ADD
          message. It stops in the Subscribe Contract stage; all
          messages are status "New" and There is no "error"
          status messages.

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?

          Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.

        • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
            We are looking into option to partition HR tables for
            performance and archiving reasons.
            If anybody has used partition in HRMS peoplesoft , I
            will be interested to know partitioning scheme( which
            tables partition on which columns and if any
            additional indexes were created). Please share if any
            negative impacts/ concerns on this objective.
            We are using PT 8.48 and Application Release HRMS
            8.80.01.000

            Thanks,
            Bhimsingh.

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 8, 2008
              We partition the following in HR 8 SP1. We are in the process of
              upgrading to HCMP 8.9 so I'll let you know how that goes -).

              We did it to speed up calcs which it did by at least 60%. I believe they
              were all partitioned by years execept for pay check which was partioned
              by quarter (every 3 months).

              I'd be happy to send you the ddl if you like.

              SQL> select distinct table_name from DBA_TAB_PARTITIONS where
              table_owner='SYSADM';

              TABLE_NAME
              ------------------------------
              PS_DEDUCTION_BAL
              PS_EARNINGS_BAL
              PS_PAY_CHECK
              PS_PAY_EARNINGS

              Steve Montgomerie
              PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator

              No great thing is created suddenly. -Epictetus (A.D.200)
            • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2008
                Steve Montgomerie,
                Thank you very much. Can you send me DDL for these
                tables. This will be good starting pont for me.

                Thanks,
                Bhimsingh,
                Bay Area Rapid Transit, SFO.
                --- "Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)"