Re: Software Inventory of Installed PeopleSoft Applications

  • James Blanding
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2008
      PS_INSTALLATION is the big one...

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "rkothari22" <rkothari22@...> wrote:

      > Is there a table(s) in the PeopleSoft database that can queried to
      > determine what Applications (ie, HR, FCSM, Campus, etc) are
      > installed/implemented within a particular PeopleSoft domain?

    • Manoj Kumar
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        PSRELEASE & PS_INSTALLTION

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2008
          We are trying to use Application Message
          (EOP_PUBLISHF) to import data to
          PS_TL_RPTD_ELPTIME in Peopletools 8.48.13 We're using
          the ELAPSED_TIME channel and the ELAPSED_TIME_ADD
          message. It stops in the Subscribe Contract stage; all
          messages are status "New" and There is no "error"
          status messages.

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • saravanan g
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2008
            Hi,
            Kindly check the following things

            1.Make sure that your PUB/SUB servers are up
            2.Check whether channel(Ie Queue in PT 8.48) is in 'Run' status
            3.If PUB/SUB is already up, then restart PUB/SUB and again try.

            Thanks,
            Saravanan.

            Bhimsingh Wadhwa <ph55856@...> wrote:
            We are trying to use Application Message
            (EOP_PUBLISHF) to import data to
            PS_TL_RPTD_ELPTIME in Peopletools 8.48.13 We're using
            the ELAPSED_TIME channel and the ELAPSED_TIME_ ADD
            message. It stops in the Subscribe Contract stage; all
            messages are status "New" and There is no "error"
            status messages.

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?

            Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.

          • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
              We are looking into option to partition HR tables for
              performance and archiving reasons.
              If anybody has used partition in HRMS peoplesoft , I
              will be interested to know partitioning scheme( which
              tables partition on which columns and if any
              additional indexes were created). Please share if any
              negative impacts/ concerns on this objective.
              We are using PT 8.48 and Application Release HRMS
              8.80.01.000

              Thanks,
              Bhimsingh.

              Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 8, 2008
                We partition the following in HR 8 SP1. We are in the process of
                upgrading to HCMP 8.9 so I'll let you know how that goes -).

                We did it to speed up calcs which it did by at least 60%. I believe they
                were all partitioned by years execept for pay check which was partioned
                by quarter (every 3 months).

                I'd be happy to send you the ddl if you like.

                SQL> select distinct table_name from DBA_TAB_PARTITIONS where
                table_owner='SYSADM';

                TABLE_NAME
                ------------------------------
                PS_DEDUCTION_BAL
                PS_EARNINGS_BAL
                PS_PAY_CHECK
                PS_PAY_EARNINGS

                Steve Montgomerie
                PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator

                No great thing is created suddenly. -Epictetus (A.D.200)
              • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 10, 2008
                  Steve Montgomerie,
                  Thank you very much. Can you send me DDL for these
                  tables. This will be good starting pont for me.

                  Thanks,
                  Bhimsingh,
                  Bay Area Rapid Transit, SFO.
                  --- "Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)"