RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Re: How to make PeopleSoft read only

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
      There are various ways to make either the database or the tables in the
      PeopleSoft schema read-only, but in some cases this is going to cause
      problems in PeopleSoft.

      You won't be able to
      * log in via the PIA (because log-ins are logged to the database)
      * submit and run jobs through the process scheduler (even if you could log
      in)
      * run the process scheduler.

      You need to be able to run DML against some tables.
      Another method is to make the application read-only by making components
      read-only.
      You can set this across the board by updating DISABLESAVE on PSPNLGRPDEFN,
      but there are going to be some components that you do want to permit save,
      and you will need to work this out.

      (If you use the two schema approach suggested below - you could selectively
      grant update access on the few tables that use still need to update, and
      replace PSPNLGRPDEFN with a view in the mostly-read-only schema and manage
      which components are not read-only in a data driven manner).

      DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
      http://blog.go-faster.co.uk