Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PT 8.49.06 patach installtion issue with Solaris 9

  • Manoj Kumar
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
      Thanks Bob..I am sure this should work...I did not set that varaible.
      Regards
      Manoj

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 21, 2007
        I had a similar issue with PT 8.49.03 on Solaris 10 and HCM 9.0.
        Apparently after reviewing the PS customer connection web site and
        discussion boards, there seems to be a bug in the PT 8.49.x
        installation script using console mode. The fix for me was to use the
        x-windows with the installer in GUI mode.

        I agree with Robert, first try and set your Display, and if that
        doesn't work then try the installer in GUI mode.

        Regards,
        Randy

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Ellis" <robert.ellis@...> wrote:

        > I had the same issue - it turned out that even though you are running in
        > console mode you need to set the DISPLAY to 0.0
        >

        > The other possible explanation for strange behaviour of the
        installer is if
        > a different java is being used to the one expected.
        >

        > Robert Ellis
        >
        > PSE Data Security GmbH
        >
        > http://www.psedatasecurity.com
        >

        > _____

        Behalf Of

        <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_webmessenger_3/*http:/in.messenger.yahoo.com
        > /webmessengerpromo.php> them online.

      • Manoj Kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
          All,

            For me it worked after setting DISPLAY=0.0 (in console mode).Thanks to Bob and Dragon.

          Regards
          Manoj

          I had a similar issue with PT 8.49.03 on Solaris 10 and HCM 9.0.
          Apparently after reviewing the PS customer connection web site and
          discussion boards, there seems to be a bug in the PT 8.49.x
          installation script using console mode. The fix for me was to use the
          x-windows with the installer in GUI mode.

          I agree with Robert, first try and set your Display, and if that
          doesn't work then try the installer in GUI mode.

          Regards,
          Randy

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups .com, "Bob Ellis" <robert.ellis@ ...> wrote:

          > I had the same issue - it turned out that even though you are running in
          > console mode you need to set the DISPLAY to 0.0
          >

          > The other possible explanation for strange behaviour of the
          installer is if
          > a different java is being used to the one expected.
          >

          > Robert Ellis
          >
          > PSE Data Security GmbH
          >
          > http://www.psedatas ecurity.com
          >

          > _____

          Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online. Click here.