Payroll Tax update

  • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
      I am new to peoplesoft and will be working on payroll
      tax update. Our environment is 8.48.13 Pt on 10.2.0.3
      Oracle release.
      So far I understand is first apply payroll tax update
      on Demo and then clone payroll environment and aplly
      update there before go to production.
      Can somebody gives me simple steps ( I will go for
      precise documentation on customer connection) but I am
      looking how to start, how it works.
      Do we have to to tax updates through Change assistant
      ? if yes please help me understand the steps or which
      document I should be using. Give me starting point or
      point to right documents on this ?

      Thank you very much.

    • Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, Bhimsingh Wadhwa <ph55856@...> wrote:

        > I am new to peoplesoft and will be working on payroll
        > tax update. Our environment is 8.48.13 Pt on 10.2.0.3
        > Oracle release.
        > So far I understand is first apply payroll tax update
        > on Demo and then clone payroll environment and aplly
        > update there before go to production.
        > Can somebody gives me simple steps ( I will go for
        > precise documentation on customer connection) but I am
        > looking how to start, how it works.
        > Do we have to to tax updates through Change assistant
        > ? if yes please help me understand the steps or which
        > document I should be using. Give me starting point or
        > point to right documents on this ?

        OK, the whole point of applying the tax update to your demo
        environment first is that if/when something breaks in the tax update,
        you can verify that the same issue exists in your demo environment,
        therefore making it a PeopleSoft problem. Otherwise you'll be
        looking at it as a problem with how the new update is reacting to
        your existing customizations/data.

        Simple steps for applying a tax update would be:
        1) Apply to demo
        2) Apply to a test environment
        3) Test the tax update in a test environment
        4) If step 3 succeeds, apply tax upate to production

        You don't HAVE to apply tax updates using the change assistant, but
        then you run into prerequisite issues later if you START to apply tax
        updates using CA. So use CA. Set up your environments & get the
        Environment Management Hub stuff working (which can be a pain & take
        you longer than applying a whole year's tax updates) and then start
        using the CA. All the doc you're looking for is on Customer
        Connection, so spend the time there to read as much as you can before
        you jump into this.

        Good luck.

        -Ben Guerard
        County of Napa