Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum How to reset Inactivity Warning to default

  • Mohammed Abdul Khalique
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 10, 2007
      Thanks clark 'the dragon' willis .

      You are exactly right , i was pretending to be admin.

      But the person who wrote people code for this page , is defenetly
      pretending to be Developer. Why did he allow the page to get saved
      when there is no value for this important field.

      The resolution for this was to re-install PIA with a differnt
      WEBPROFILENAME. (DEV --> TEST)

      Regards,
      Mohammed Khalique

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:

      > lol. thanks for the laugh.
      >
      > This is exactly why people who don't know what they are doing
      shouldn't pretend to be admins...

      > The only way you're going to be able to fix this is to identify the
      table that the web profile page uses in another environment or
      through the app designer and then updating those two fields fields
      manually through a sql command or datamover script.

      > If those options are not available, reinstall.
      >
      > peace,
      > clark 'the dragon' willis
      >
      > PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is
      renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul.
      Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used
      it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

      > I work to live; I don't live to work.
      >
      > "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and
      only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let
      other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      > It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William
      G. McAdoo

      > Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
      false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

      > "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do
      because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan
      B. Anthony
      > ________________________________
      >

      > Hi ,
      >
      > I have open WebProfile security Page , there i deleted the default
      > value of Inactivity Warning and Inactivity Logout, and saved it
      >
      > Now i am unable to login to PIA. it is giving the following eror.
      >
      > "For increased security on this site, connections are expired after
      < 1
      > minutes of inactivity. "
      >
      > I would appreciate if any one can help me solving this issue.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Mohammed Khalique

      > Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word
      scramble challenge with star power.
      > http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?
      icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct

    • Bob Ellis
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10, 2007

        What the Dragon said – almost wet myself.

        Robert Ellis

        PSE Data Security GmbH

        http://www.psedatasecurity.com

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2007
          My turn to say 'ouch!'

          DBA Blogs: PeopleSoft: http://blog.psftdba.com, Oracle:
          http://blog.go-faster.co.uk

        • Manoj Negi
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2007
            1. Stop the PIA using stopPIA.sh command.
            2. Change the default web profile name stored in the configuration.property file.
            3. Start the PIA using the startPIA.sh command.
            4. Login into the environment. Navigate to Web Profile Configuration page. Reset the DEV (default, I am assuming) the Inactivity, Warning and Inactivity Logout timeout to default values.
            5.Stop the PIA using stopPIA.sh and change the web profile name with default web profile in configuration.property file.
            6. Restart the PIA using startPIA.sh.

            Thanks,
            Manoj