Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Issue at Process Scheduler Request page

  • shafeeq_dba
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007

      Description

      Process NameProcess Type*Type*FormatDistribution

      Data Designer/Database AuditDDDAUDITSQR Report(None)(None)Distribution
       Data Designer/Database AuditDDDAUDITSQR ReportDistribution

      Hi David,

      The only thing I can see diffrent between the two rows on Process scheduler Request page is the type and format as you can see above.

      I also checked the process type deffination for " SQR REPORT" and the descriptions for all the platforms is the same.

      Looking forward to your advice.

      Thanks & Regards,

      Shafeeq Ur Rehamn

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "David Kurtz" <david.kurtz@...> wrote:

      > The list of things that you can run is built by a query, with a DISTINCT to
      > remove duplicates. The same thing is described differently in different
      > places - thus producing two rows for the same thing, but something must be
      > different between these two rows. What?
      >
      > Does the SQR process type definition have different descriptions on
      > different platforms?
      >
      > regards
      > _________________________
      > David Kurtz
      > Go-Faster Consultancy Ltd.
      > tel: +44 (0)7771 760660
      > fax: +44 (0)7092 348865
      > mailto:david.kurtz@...
      > web: www.go-faster.co.uk
      > Book: PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA: http://www.psftdba.com
      > The PeopleSoft DBA Blog: http://psftdba.blogspot.com

    • shafeeq_dba
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
        <Moderator>Messages do not appear on the forum until they have been approved by moderators. I know that can lead to delay, and it can be a nuisance, but it is how we prevent advertising, spam and other inappropriate content being distributed via the forum.</Moderator>

        Hi,
        Yesterday I replied twice but I don't know why my reply wasn't get
        posted.Let it be....

        David as I already mentioned in my first mail that the only
        differance I can see in the Process Scheduler request page is the
        first process type sqr report is having type/format as none/none and
        the second is having type/format as web/PDF.

        The SQR process type definition doesn't have diffrenet descriptions
        on different platforms.

        Waiting for solution.....

        Thanks & Regards,
        Shafeeq Ur Rehman

      • Bob Ellis
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007

          What does “waiting for solution mean”, exactly?

          Anyhoo, I think you said that neither of your suspect sqr’s run to success therefore the issue is not a difference between them but more likely a generic sqr issue.

          I asked earlier if you can run any sqr’s from the command line.  Can you?

          To save some of your precious time post the sqr section from your process scheduler config file.

          href="http://www.psftdba.com">http://www.psftdba. com
          > >> <http://www.psftdba. com/>
          The PeopleSoft DBA Blog:
          <http://psftdba. blogspot. com/>

          href="http://www.go-faster.co.uk.">http://www.go- faster.co. uk.

          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • shafeeq_dba
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
            Hi Ellis,
            I have already spend two days on this issue and couldn't
            find any solution and now I have given it up on you gurus so that I
            can get something which will help me. It is not a big issue as the
            instance is not used that much but I want to solve it.
            If I heart you then sorry for that.
            Let it be...

            The issue is with all process type sqr report.

            Yes I can run the sqr reports thru command line with success.
            And the sqr section of my process scheduler's cfg file is as under..

            [SQR]
            ;=====================================================================
            ; Settings for SQR Software
            ;=====================================================================
            SQRBIN=D:\PSoft\bin\sqr\ORA\binw
            PSSQRFLAGS=-ZIF%PS_HOME%\SQR\PSSQR%LANGUAGECD%.INI
            Print Log=N
            Enhanced HTML=N
            PSSQR1=%PS_HOME%\SQR
            PSSQR2=
            PSSQR3=
            PSSQR4=

            Thanks & Regards,
            Shafeeq Ur Rehman

            --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Ellis" <robert.ellis@...> wrote:

            > What does "waiting for solution mean", exactly?
            >

            > Anyhoo, I think you said that neither of your suspect sqr's run to
            success
            > therefore the issue is not a difference between them but more
            likely a
            > generic sqr issue.
            >

            > I asked earlier if you can run any sqr's from the command line.
            Can you?

            > To save some of your precious time post the sqr section from your
            process
            > scheduler config file.
            >

            > Robert Ellis
            >
            > PSE Data Security GmbH
            >
            > http://www.psedatasecurity.com
            >

            > _____

            40yahoogroups.com> .com, "David

            <http://psftdba.blogspot.com>
            > blogspot.com
            > > PeopleSoft DBA Forum: http://groups.

            40yahoogroups.com> .com]
            > > >On Behalf Of shafeeq_dba
            > > >Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:35 AM
            > > >To: psftdba@yahoogroups <mailto:psftdba%40yahoogroups.com> .com
            > > >Subject: Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Issue at Process Scheduler
            > > >Request page
            > > >
            > > >Hi David,
            > > > Yes what you understand from my mail is correct that there are
            > > >mutliple(two) entries for the same report(particularly for sqr
            > report
            > > >only) in Process Scheduler Request page.
            > > >
            > > >I check what you have said in your mail about process groups
            > > >but there are no multiple process groups to which I have access.
            > > >
            > > >For example,
            > > > In the processes>process defination options>process gropus
            > > >for sqr report SYSAUDIT there is only one entry i.e TLSALL.
            > > >The user is having full access or you can say he is the
            > administrator.
            > > >
            > > >same thing with other sqr reports like DDDAUDIT,XRFWIN etc.
            > > >
            > > >I don't have any problem with the other processes like I can
            > > >run SQR PROCESS,CRYSTAL,APP ENGINE successfully. They are not
            > > >coming multiple time in Process Scheduler Request page.
            > > >
            > > >If you want then I can send the screenshot of that. But there
            > > >is not option on this site to attache file.
            > > >
            > > >One more thing I observed that in the Destination tab
            > > >(particularly for the process type SQR REPORT) TYPE and
            > > >DESTINATION SOURCE options are disabled. I don't know how? For
            > > >all other process types they are enabled.
            > > >

            > > >Thanks & Regards,
            > > >Shafeeq Ur Rehman
            > > >

            > > >--- In psftdba@yahoogroups <mailto:psftdba%
            40yahoogroups.com> .com,

            > report
            > > >in page
            > process
            > > >groups to

            > <http://www.psftdba.com> com
            PeopleSoft DBA

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007
              Please don't confuse this group with PeopleSoft Global Support. One is not
              a subsititute for the other!

              Moderator

            • Bob Ellis
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2007

                Try making ENHANCED_HTML=on – this may not cure your issue but you’ll probably need it for csv output.

                When you schedule either process – do you actively select the server or do you leave the server field blank?

                What are the names of the processes – are they delivered or custom?  Possible to post a screenshot of the process request page?

                Robert Ellis

                PSE Data Security GmbH

                http://www.psedatasecurity.com

                I have already spend two days on this issue and couldn't
                find any solution and now I have given it up on you gurus so that I
                can get something which will help me. It is not a big issue as the
                instance is not used that much but I want to solve it.
                If I heart you then sorry for that.
                Let it be...

                The issue is with all process type sqr report.

                Yes I can run the sqr reports thru command line with success.
                And the sqr section of my process scheduler's cfg file is as under..

                [SQR]
                ;=========== ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ====
                ; Settings for SQR Software
                ;=========== ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ====
> [...]

                and
                > the second is having type/format as web/PDF.
                >
                > The SQR process type definition doesn't have diffrenet descriptions
                > on different platforms.
                >
                > Waiting for solution.... .
                >
                > Thanks & Regards,
                > Shafeeq Ur Rehman
                >
                > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups <mailto:psftdba%
                40yahoogroups. com> .com, "David
                > Kurtz" <david.kurtz@ > wrote:
                > >
                > > The list of things that you can run is built by a query, with a
                > DISTINCT to
                > > remove duplicates. The same thing is described differently in
                > different
                > > places - thus producing two rows for the same thing, but
                something
                > must be
                > > different between these two rows. What?
                > >
                > > Does the SQR process type definition have different descriptions

                yahoo.com/group/ psftdba

                href="http://www.psftdba.">http://www.psftdba.
                > <http://www.psftdba. com>
                com