Authorization Error -- Contact your Security Administrator

  • Bhimsingh Wadhwa
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
      We upgraded PT 8.46 to 8.48. After upgrading some
      users are getting messages after sign on , when they
      click on payroll or other options
      "Authorization Error -- Contact your Security
      Administrator".

      I compared the roles with environment where it is
      working , doesn't seem any difference. We had
      implemented the security by cloning the Peoplesoft
      role ( peoplesoft provided roles are not being used ).

      I am new to peoplesoft environment, Please send me
      explain how should I work on this issue.

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • stanly_benny
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
        Which Webserver are you using? and which version?

        Stanly

        _______________
        > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
        > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
        fr=oni_on_mail&p=graduation+gifts&cs=bz

      • Randy R.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
          There are two Peoplesoft customer connection solution summaries that
          resolve these issues.

          Solution ID: 200976095 and 201049353

          You will need to update your users WEBLIB permission lists.

          SOLUTION:
          Add the same Web Libraries that are found in Permission List
          'PTPT1000' to a permission list
          assigned to the user through thier roles. These include:

          WEBLIB_CTI Full Access Permissions for the first 5 Functions only
          WEBLIB_NAVMAIN Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_OPT Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PORTAL Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PTPPB Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PTPPB1 Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PTPP_PGT Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PTPP_SC Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_PT_NAV Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_QUERY Full Access Permissions for all Functions
          WEBLIB_TIMEOUT Full Access Permissions for all Functions

          SOLUTION:
          Certain new Web libraries have been introduced on 8.46 for enabling
          folder navigation. Make
          sure that all the user have FULL access to the following Web libraries:

          WEBLIB_PTPP_SC
          WEBLIB_PTPPB
          WEBLIB_PTPPB1

          The default PeopleSoft delivered "PeopleSoft User" (PTPT1000)
          Permission list also give
          access to these weblibraries. If you cloned the PTPT1000 permission
          list or you are using you
          own custom permission list to grant web library access, then you have
          to add and edit these
          web libraries to give full access.

          You will also need to make sure that you bounce the app server and
          webserver and clear your
          browser cache or you may have reoccurring issues.

          Thanks,
          Randy

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
            If I am running the application server and the process scheduler on the same Unix server and with the same PS_HOME, is there any benefit in implementing remote call?  Sure, it would move the workload to the app server, but since it's using the same resources, would there be any benefit or detriment?

            PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is renting your services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.

            I work to live; I don't live to work.

            "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

            It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

            Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

            "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
              The trouble with remote call is that it blocks a PSAPPSRV process while the remote called process runs.  The app server spawns the process and waits for it to finish.
              If you have 4 PSAPPSRV processes in a domain, then 4 concurrent remote calls can block the entire app server and anyone else connected to that app server will wait.

              If you have multiple application servers and load balance between them, once a user is connected to a particular application server will stay there until they log out, or if they are inavtive for JSL timeout period (if that is less that the PIA timeout).

              In PT7.x it was possible to create a dedicated queue for RemoteCall services, but in PT8.x remote calls are run within an ICPanel service, so you can't distinguish it from other services.

              The PeopleSoft DBA Blog: http://psftdba.blogspot.com