RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum different versions of tools on the same machine

  • Bob Ellis
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 11 3:40 AM
      Yep. What the dragon said.

      Robert Ellis
      PSE Data Security GmbH
      http://www.psedatasecurity.com

      -----Original Message-----
      From: psftdba@yahoogroups.com [mailto:psftdba@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      the dragon
      Sent: 11 September 2007 12:40
      To: psftdba@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum different versions of tools on the same
      machine

      I respectfully disagree. It's possible to have multiple versions on a NT
      server; how else would upgrades be accomplished on a windows server that has

      multiple environments? Been there, done that without issues.

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

      It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

      Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and

      by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

      "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
      I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Not on Windows process sched because of registry
      settings/Tuxedo versions.

      UNIX no problem.

      --- Steve <steve.montgomerie@...> wrote:

      > Good day,
      > Is it possible to have two versions of tools on the
      > same machine like 818 and 849. We're
      > doing the upgrade thingie and the developers will
      > have to have bother versions somehow.

      Get a FREE small business Web site and more from MicrosoftR Office Live!
      http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930003811mrt/direct/01/

      PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see
      http://www.psftdba.com
      The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 11 5:05 AM
        I should have been more specific. This would be in regard to the desktop tools only - App, Designer, Data Mover
        that will sit on the developers client workstation. I'm not considering having two version of tools for say process scheduler on the same machine.

        Steve

        Steve Montgomerie
        PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator
        SIEMENS Shared Services, LLC
        4400 Alafaya Trail, M/S AL-999
        Orlando, FL 32826
        Phone: 407 487-5219
        Cell : 407 925 4179
        Fax: 407 487-5850

         No great thing is created suddenly. —Epictetus (A.D.200)

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 11 5:15 AM
          Steve,

          The answer is still the same - As I stated in a subsequent post, my laptop
          contains local installs of tools 8.13nn, 8.41nn, 8.47nn and 8.4904. They
          all play happily together - you just need to remember that there is only
          *ONE* config file, so you have to change the values in the config file to
          point to the correct PS_Home when you change or flakiness occurs. It's even
          more pronounced when you use network installs vs local installs.

          services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
          only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

          "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
          can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
          spend it for you." -- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

          It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -- William G. McAdoo

          Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and
          by the rulers as useful. -- Seneca

          "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because
          I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

          ----Original Message Follows----

          Thanks,
          I should have been more specific. This would be in regard to the desktop
          tools only - App, Designer, Data Mover
          that will sit on the developers client workstation. I'm not considering
          having two version of tools for say process scheduler on the same
          machine.

          Steve

          Steve Montgomerie
          PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator
          SIEMENS Shared Services, LLC
          4400 Alafaya Trail, M/S AL-999
          Orlando, FL 32826
          Phone: 407 487-5219
          Cell : 407 925 4179
          Fax: 407 487-5850

          No great thing is created suddenly. -Epictetus (A.D.200)

          Can you find the hidden words?� Take a break and play Seekadoo!
          http://club.live.com/seekadoo.aspx?icid=seek_hotmailtextlink1
        • ashley279449
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 11 6:20 AM
            Hi Steve,

            You might also need to check if there is any conflict between the
            different PeopleTools versions, such as the ODBC drivers.

            Regards,

            Ashley