Create second Access ID for application

  • msmileydba
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      Has anyone created a second Access ID for use by the PeopleSoft
      application? By default, the app connects to the database as SYSADM
      (via Access ID SYSADM1). We want to create a second ID, SYSAPP (Access
      ID SYSAPP1), that the app will use to connect to the db instead. This
      will let us audit any changes made by someone logging in as SYSADM
      without flooding the audit logs with changes made by the app. (SYSAPP
      will not be audited because only the app will use it, and the password
      will be known only by our IT Security group.) We have implemented this
      change in a test db, and it seems to be working well. I would just like
      to know if anyone else has done something like this, and what your
      experience was.

      Thanks.
    • md fazul