Fun with Ren

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
      Ok I'm a little late to the party as we are just now making the move
      from tools 8.18 to 8.49.

      I've got REN working except for that pesky part where it actually
      displays data. If I run sysaudit for example the new window pops up,
      it shows, queued, initiated, processing, success and here's where the
      party ends - it just stays stuck - mocking me with "Success Preparing
      output for viewing" never actually showing me the report

      Any nifty suggestions?

      Steve
    • nfortouna
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007
        Apparently, the REN server never gets notification from process
        scheduler that report was posted. Check logs on process
        scheduler/distribution agent.

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <steve.montgomerie@...> wrote:

        > Ok I'm a little late to the party as we are just now making the move
        > from tools 8.18 to 8.49.
        >
        > I've got REN working except for that pesky part where it actually
        > displays data. If I run sysaudit for example the new window pops up,
        > it shows, queued, initiated, processing, success and here's where the
        > party ends - it just stays stuck - mocking me with "Success Preparing
        > output for viewing" never actually showing me the report
        >
        > Any nifty suggestions?
        >
        > Steve

      • James Blanding
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2007
          There is at least one Integration Broker message generated for each
          Process that posts to Report Manager. Not sure if it matters, but it
          might be good to check whether those Messages and their Subscriptions
          are reaching Done status.

          You can enable debugging information in the PSRENSRV log file with the
          following setting in the [PSRENSRV] section of psappsrv.cfg:

          log_severity_level=Debug

          Finally, since the REN Server is mostly just a web server in disguise,
          it has its own access log, which may or may not contain something
          useful. By default it is in PS_HOME/appserv/DOMAIN/LOGS/access.log.

          --James

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "nfortouna" <nfortouna@...> wrote:

          > Apparently, the REN server never gets notification from process
          > scheduler that report was posted. Check logs on process
          > scheduler/distribution agent.
          >
          > --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <steve.montgomerie@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok I'm a little late to the party as we are just now making the move
          > > from tools 8.18 to 8.49.
          > >
          > > I've got REN working except for that pesky part where it actually
          > > displays data. If I run sysaudit for example the new window pops up,
          > > it shows, queued, initiated, processing, success and here's where the
          > > party ends - it just stays stuck - mocking me with "Success Preparing
          > > output for viewing" never actually showing me the report
          > >
          > > Any nifty suggestions?
          > >
          > > Steve

        • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2007