ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

  • There is a time for everything
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2003
      Hi everybody,

      I am having an headache at my new client since i am trying to install
      Oracle Client 92. The above mentioned message appears every single
      time i try to login trough SQLplus. Yes, i did check the most common
      things like:

      - ora home path in registry
      - sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora are in the correct path and there are
      no other copies
      - connect string in tnsnames.ora is correct

      It looks to me that the net service name specified in our connect
      string is not mapped to a connect descriptor. It also interesting to
      note that tnsping.exe on the commandline does not work properly. It
      comes with an message saying that the standard messages could not be
      found.

      Please help!!!! Many thanks in advance.