Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PeopleSoft File Uploads

  • john_campion_the_monkey
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2007
      Hi all,

      Just to update you on the progress of this - Customer Connection
      confirmed the requirement to truncate the PS_FILE_ATTDETS table (we'd
      already planned to do this by the time they responded).

      We tested this in a couple of dev level environments, and noticed no
      ill effects in our configuration (and file uploads began to work
      again). The table was truncated in Production, and as yet no problems
      have been observed and file uploads are working once again.

      Thanks for your help with this Clark - I'll update again if Customer
      Connection add anything to the case.

      Regards,

      John
    • Graham Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 29, 2007
        Following this thread on the file attachments in PSFILE_ATTDET I
        can't help but wonder if this really is a temporary holding area for
        attachments.

        We use this table for Journal Uploads and you could argue that once
        the journal file is attached and processed that it's no longer
        needed. Try having this argument with an accountant who wants to keep
        the original file loaded (especially a payroll journal).

        Anyway, we also use file attachments against projects in the project
        Costing Modules. These are actually stored using the FTP method of
        attaching files but we are seriously considering embedding them into
        the database using the record method (as discussed here). We
        currently have over 200,000 files attached. These are not temporary
        files but a permanent record of each projects plans, objectives,
        reviews etc. We'd blow the limit on this record based storage
        straight away.

        John, did GSC say that this was a limit built into record based file
        attachments and what did they say about working around it/living with
        it?

        Thanks
        Graham
        Oxfam GB