RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum After Applying Maintenance Packs/Bundles

  • rsalido@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
      Hello,
         Perhaps this could help.

      http://www.quest.com/stat_peoplesoft/change_control.aspx

      Regards,
      Roberto.

      "Ty A." <crowndbt@...> wrote:
      Could you direct me to the GSC doc that stated that please?

      Thanks
      Ty

      Microsoft Office Live
      http://clk.atdmt. com/MRT/go/ mcrssaub00500014 11mrt/direct/ 01/

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Ty A.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 13, 2006
        Thanks for your update. I need to present something definitive to my
        management. It has to come from PS GSC or Support.

        Thanks
        Tyrone Adeyemi
        CrownDatabase Technology,LLC.
        crowndbt@...
        860-558-5600

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 13, 2006
          Ty,

          The link you received below is an "ad" for the STAT tool... To hear it from
          the horse's mouth, you'll need to open a case with GSC, and they'll have an
          answer for you.

          Trust me, I wouldn't be using that PoS CA tool if I didn't have to - and
          what really sucks is that if you bring in a PS consultant, they will
          sometimes work outside the CA tool, but tell you you're not supposed to.

          services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
          only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

          "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
          can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
          spend it for you."

          Carl Sandburg
          (1878 - 1967)

          It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

          William G. McAdoo

          ----Original Message Follows----

          Thanks for your update. I need to present something definitive to my
          management. It has to come from PS GSC or Support.

          Thanks
          Tyrone Adeyemi
          CrownDatabase Technology,LLC.
          crowndbt@...
          860-558-5600

          >Hello,
          > Perhaps this could help.
          >
          >http://www.quest.com/stat_peoplesoft/change_control.aspx
          >
          >Regards,
          >Roberto.
          >
          >"Ty A." <crowndbt@...> wrote:
          >Could you direct me to the GSC doc that stated that please?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Ty
          >

          > >Does it matter? OraSoft will not support your application if you're
          not
          > >using CA as your upgrade tool, according to the GSC.
          > >
          > >peace,
          > >clark 'the dragon' willis
          > >

          > >----Original Message Follows----
          > >
          > >Hello All,
          > >
          > >Does anyone has a unique way of of migrating forward MPs/Bundles to
          >other
          > >PS
          > >databases? I have just finished MP6 updates to HR8.9/PT8.47. MP/Bundles
          >do
          > >not have Tools update/upgrade in them. I am looking for a way to
          migrate
          > >these update without running ChangeAssistant on every database.
          > >
          > >The 1 Million dollar question is : Has anyone done it WITHOUT applying
          >Thru
          > >CA on other databases?
          > >
          > >Scenario:
          > >Database 1 has MP6 applied....
          > >Database x,y,and z needs to be refreshed/rebuild with MP6 updates
          > >

          > >Looking for great ideas.
          > >
          > >Thanks ALL

          Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
          route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001
        • rsalido@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 13, 2006
            the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:
            Ty,

            The link you received below is an "ad" for the STAT tool... To hear it from
            the horse's mouth, you'll need to open a case with GSC, and they'll have an
            answer for you.

            Trust me, I wouldn't be using that PoS CA tool if I didn't have to - and
            what really sucks is that if you bring in a PS consultant, they will
            sometimes work outside the CA tool, but tell you you're not supposed to.

            services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
            only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

            "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
            can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
            spend it for you."

            Carl Sandburg
            (1878 - 1967)

            It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

            William G. McAdoo

            ----Original Message Follows----

            Thanks for your update. I need to present something definitive to my
            management. It has to come from PS GSC or Support.

            Thanks
            Tyrone Adeyemi
            CrownDatabase Technology,LLC.
            crowndbt@...
            860-558-5600

            >Hello,
            > Perhaps this could help.
            >
            >http://www.quest.com/stat_peoplesoft/change_control.aspx
            >
            >Regards,
            >Roberto.
            >
            >"Ty A." wrote:
            >Could you direct me to the GSC doc that stated that please?
            >
            > Thanks
            > Ty
            >

            > >Does it matter? OraSoft will not support your application if you're
            not
            > >using CA as your upgrade tool, according to the GSC.
            > >
            > >peace,
            > >clark 'the dragon' willis
            > >

            > >----Original Message Follows----
            > >
            > >Hello All,
            > >
            > >Does anyone has a unique way of of migrating forward MPs/Bundles to
            >other
            > >PS
            > >databases? I have just finished MP6 updates to HR8.9/PT8.47. MP/Bundles
            >do
            > >not have Tools update/upgrade in them. I am looking for a way to
            migrate
            > >these update without running ChangeAssistant on every database.
            > >
            > >The 1 Million dollar question is : Has anyone done it WITHOUT applying
            >Thru
            > >CA on other databases?
            > >
            > >Scenario:
            > >Database 1 has MP6 applied....
            > >Database x,y,and z needs to be refreshed/rebuild with MP6 updates
            > >

            > >Looking for great ideas.
            > >
            > >Thanks ALL

            Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more…then map the best
            route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001

            PeopleSoft for the Oracle DBA is published by Apress - see http://www.psftdba.com.
            The PeopleSoft DBA Forum is managed by http://www.go-faster.co.uk.

            <*> Your email settings: