Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Urgent - Allocations process fails on PT 8.42 - Financials 8.4

  • laurent Delisle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
      Ask to peopleSoft customer connection. I know that there is a patch for microfocus cobol compiler to fix this kind of problem unless yu use a temporary version (demo) of this compiler.

      regards,
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
        Hi,

        Merant MFCobol has two components: the compiler and the "runtime"
        libraries which all cobols (e.g. journal edit, journal post, process
        scheduler, allocations) use.

        Merant calls the runtime libraries "application server". I don't know
        why, it's just a bunch of libraries.

        This explains why the process does not always fail. It depends on
        whether or not you run out of runtime licenses. Merant sells these
        (used to be unlimited but now they charge you for each user...).
        PeopleSoft sells you the product with a fix which alters the license
        to "unlimited".
        Don't know about the pricing but it is a lot cheaper than Merant.

        Good Luck

        Peter Scheele

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "laurent Delisle"
        <laurent.delisle@f...> wrote:
        > Ask to peopleSoft customer connection. I know that there is a patch
        for microfocus cobol compiler to fix this kind of problem unless yu
        use a temporary version (demo) of this compiler.

        > regards,

        Service.