Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum SSL and REN server

  • James Blanding
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
      Unfortunately, I suspect REN won't be going away any time soon.
      During our Financials 8.9 upgrade, we found that certain online
      processing (e.g. running the budget checking process directly from a
      Voucher) now throws an error message if there is no REN Server
      configured. They probably made this change when they converted the
      Budget Processor from COBOL to App Engine.

      It is possible to implement an RPS using WebLogic. But our experience
      suggests it is not very reliable. In fact, PeopleSoft recommends
      against it; they suggest using one of the other supported methods,
      like Apache. See also Solution 200739673, and the list of supported RPS:

      http://www4.peoplesoft.com/psdb.nsf/8a8a06594f72ee9888256bae00726172/b8843221771b368988256da30056e387?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=2#_Section2

      In the PeopleTools 8.48 Release Notes, I believe I recall seeing that
      SSL connections directory to the REN Server will be supported, except
      on AIX (doh!).

      I wish we could get rid of this thing without customizing code or
      causing people to receive error messages (of course, it's partly
      broken now, so people receive error messages anyway).

      --James

      http://www.imagine-windowslive.com/minisites/yahoo/default.aspx?locale=en-us&hmtagline