Real Time Tuning

  • DON
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006

      Hi All,

      I am a Production DBA. Please provide me a framework for performance tuning for the follwing scenario. I get a Plenty of requests like the follwing:

      Process COBOL/SQR/AE running for last 3-4 hrs, please improve the performance (on the fly).

      RDB: ORACLE, SQL Server

      I have seen a Presentation from David Kurtz on GP tuning. That was simply awesome. But I don't have that kind of knowledge depth or understanding of the RDB platforms.

      Any direction for such a scenario will be helpful for me. Also any direction for future runs of the process will also be helpful.

      Thanks,
      Don