Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Process Scheduler and App Engines

  • Parvesh Kumar
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
      Hi Graham,

      GSC is correct . We had the similar issue and it stopped when we revert back to original method of running app engine process.

      Regards
      Parvesh

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
        Graham,

        What is your tools version? Are you using Master scheduler?

        Thanks & Regards,
        Valathappan.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
          On Unix we have no problem. Ignore GSC, they are often silly. Just change
          your Windoze machines and that SillyServer to Unix Oracle and you'll be
          fine.

          Sorry Graham, couldn't resist :)

          Robert Ellis
          PSE Data Security GmbH
          http://www.psedatasecurity.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2006
            Graham,

            Inorder to fix this issue, delete all your errored and queued process from psprcsrqst and psprcsque tables and then bounce the process scheduler. Now if you submit any number of AE programs, it will work fine.

            Thanks & Regards,
            Valathappan.

            ________________________________

            http://www.psedatasecurity.com <http://www.psedatasecurity.com>

            Anyone running in 8.4x with their process scheduler configured to run
            AE via the new PSAESRV Tuxedo service?

            We are having endless problems with AEs staying at queued status even
            when no other AEs are running or initiated.

            GSC is suggesting reverting back to the original seperate PSAE.EXE
            method of running app engines.

            Any experiences similar to this?

            Graham

            ***************************************************************************************************************************
            This e-mail communication and any attachments may be privileged and confidential to Hexaware and are intended only for the
            use of the recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not review, disclose, disseminate,
            distribute or copy this e-mail and attachments. If you have received this email in error, please delete the same alongwith
            all attachments thereto and notify us immediately at mailadmin@... .
            ***************************************************************************************************************************
          • prasanna_us
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 22, 2006
              We tried Mr Valathappan's suggestion of Inorder to fix this issue,
              delete all your errored and queued process from (Process Monitor
              screen ) OR psprcsrqst and psprcsque tables and then bounce the
              process scheduler. In our case it worked fine until it reached max
              concurrent process types for App Engines defined on "Server
              Definition" screen. But as soon as it reached say 6 it used to put
              them in "QUEUED" status again. So we revrted finally to the original
              seperate PSAE.EXE method of running app engines. FOr this we
              rconfigured the process scheduler purged the cache and everything is
              working fine so far. Hope this works for you to. Good Luck

              Prasanna

              --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Ellis" <robert.ellis@...>
              wrote:

              > On Unix we have no problem. Ignore GSC, they are often silly.
              Just change
              > your Windoze machines and that SillyServer to Unix Oracle and
              you'll be
              > fine.
              >
              > Sorry Graham, couldn't resist :)
              >

              > Robert Ellis