RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Problem with processes getting stuck at Posting

  • Phillip Eaton
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      I managed to fix this problem.

      All I needed to do was stop the process scheduler, use the 'Configure a
      process scheduler' option in psadmin and clear out the process scheduler
      cache files.

      Problem solved. No more processes stuck at 'Posting'. I was convinced it
      was going to harder to fix than that!

      Thank you everyone for your email support, it's is certainly
      appreciated.

      Phillip Eaton
      Gulf International Bank (UK) Ltd.
      London

      > Look in your process monitor - you'll see various processes
      > in a not posted
      > status. When we had this problem, we had it doe two reasons.
      > The first time
      > was because the file they were trying to transfer was too
      > large and it kept
      > getting stuck and the second was a poorly written internally
      > developed app
      > engine - the file name of the file being transfered was too
      > long (exceeded
      > 128 characters or something like that)... If you check your process
      > monitor, and look for the first not-posted process, you
      > should see a pattern
      > over time and be able to fix it.
      >
      > peace,
      > clark 'the dragon' willis
      "Gulf International Bank (UK) Limited and Gulf International Bank BSC are regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority and in the United States of America by The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. Gulf International Bank (UK) Limited and Gulf International Bank BSC in the United Kingdom have their office at One Knightsbridge, London, SW1X 7XS: Tel +44 (0)20 7259 3456 and in the United States of America have their office at 330 Madison Avenue, 37th Floor, New York, NY 10017: Tel +1 (212) 922 2300. This e-mail message and any file transmitted with it is confidential to the intended recipient and may contain confidential and or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, distribute or disclose the contents to anyone, nor take any action in reliance on its contents. Should you receive this message in error, please delete it and all copies of it from your system immediately, destroying any hard copies and notifying the sender. Please note that any email sent to, or from The Gulf International Bank Group may be monitored for content. Virus checking is the responsibility of the recipient. The Gulf International Bank Group does not accept any legal responsibility for the content of this message or any attachments."