Re: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PIA Configuration Question - what should go in

  • James Blanding
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
      And if you have more than one web domain and/or more than one app
      server domain?

      We use the environment name followed by a short descriptive tag, like
      this:

      fsdev_main - the primary PIA
      fsdev_other - PSOL, etc

      We have some older directories with just a number (sahrprd1, sahrprd2,
      etc), but the number doesn't tell you anything. It's nicer if you can
      tell them apart, I think.

      We just use the environment name for <site_name>...no particular reason.

      It's all just personal preference really.

      --James

      --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "the dragon" <ceprn@...> wrote:

      > I believe it *should* be the same thing as
      <PS_HOME>/appserv/<domain_name>

      > peace,
      > clark 'the dragon' willis
      >

      > PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is
      renting your
      > services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is
      the
      > only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be
      > recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.
      >
      > I work to live; I don't live to work.
      >
      > "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and
      only you
      > can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
      people
      > spend it for you."
      >
      > Carl Sandburg
      > (1878 - 1967)
      >
      > ----Original Message Follows----
      >
      > When you set up PIA using weblogic, you end up with a file path like:
      > <PS_HOME>/webserv/<domain_name>/applications/peoplesoft/PORTAL
      > /WEB-INF/psftdocs/<site_name>. PeopleSoft defaults <domain_name> to
      > peoplesoft. It seems like you can use the default, or you can call
      > it "ray", or you can call it "jay", what does it really matter? What
      > should the <domain_name> be?

      > Windows Live Spaces is here! It's easy to create your own personal
      Web site.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
        We don't have this problem, because every environment has it's own ps_home,
        with it's own domain, and it's own PIA..