RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum PIA Configuration Question - what should go in

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
      I believe it *should* be the same thing as <PS_HOME>/appserv/<domain_name>

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      When you set up PIA using weblogic, you end up with a file path like:
      <PS_HOME>/webserv/<domain_name>/applications/peoplesoft/PORTAL
      /WEB-INF/psftdocs/<site_name>. PeopleSoft defaults <domain_name> to
      peoplesoft. It seems like you can use the default, or you can call
      it "ray", or you can call it "jay", what does it really matter? What
      should the <domain_name> be?

      Windows Live Spaces is here! It�s easy to create your own personal Web site.
      http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx
    • James Blanding
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
        And if you have more than one web domain and/or more than one app
        server domain?

        We use the environment name followed by a short descriptive tag, like
        this:

        fsdev_main - the primary PIA
        fsdev_other - PSOL, etc

        We have some older directories with just a number (sahrprd1, sahrprd2,
        etc), but the number doesn't tell you anything. It's nicer if you can
        tell them apart, I think.

        We just use the environment name for <site_name>...no particular reason.

        It's all just personal preference really.

        --James

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 22, 2006
          We don't have this problem, because every environment has it's own ps_home,
          with it's own domain, and it's own PIA..