RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum two proc server in a single box

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      No, as long as you have the available bandwidth on the server, it works
      fine - you just need to give them different names. If one is calle PSUNX,
      you need to name the other one anything but PSNT or PSUNX, like PSBOB or my
      favorite, PSDRAGON.

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      hi,

      is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler
      (different environment) server in a single box....???

      TIA,

      cheers,
      manoj

    • James Blanding
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        We have multiple PSUNXs on the same box (and PSNTs as well). They
        just point at different environments.

        You do have to be careful about mixing Tools versions on Windows, however.

        --James

        --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "the dragon" <ceprn@...> wrote:

        > No, as long as you have the available bandwidth on the server, it
        works
        > fine - you just need to give them different names. If one is calle
        PSUNX,
        > you need to name the other one anything but PSNT or PSUNX, like
        PSBOB or my
        > favorite, PSDRAGON.
        >
        > peace,
        > clark 'the dragon' willis
        >

        > PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is
        renting your
        > services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is
        the
        > only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be
        > recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.
        >
        > I work to live; I don't live to work.
        >
        > "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and
        only you
        > can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
        people
        > spend it for you."
        >
        > Carl Sandburg
        > (1878 - 1967)
        >
        > ----Original Message Follows----
        >
        > hi,
        >
        > is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler
        > (different environment) server in a single box....???
        >
        > TIA,
        >
        > cheers,
        > manoj

        FREE!

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
          True, you can have multiple psocess schedulers pointing to different
          environments. I took the question to mean two different process schedulers
          for the same environment.

[...]

        • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
            Can you have two process schedulers and allow only some users access to
            one of them? For example, two process schedulers - one on the same db making
            a bequeath connection for batch jobs and one on a different server for the
            run of the mill on line stuff? I'm in the dark ages here with PeopleTools 818.

            Steve

            Steve Montgomerie
            PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator
            SIEMENS Shared Services, LLC
            4400 Alafaya Trail, M/S AL-999
            Orlando, FL 32826
            Phone: 407 487-5219
            Cell : 407 925 4179
            Fax: 407 487-5850

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
              Mongoose!!!!!

              You can, but there are some gotchas - most specifically, ps jobs.. You have
              to set up the process definitions to default to the server you want them to,
              and not let them change them.

              However, the easiest way is to buy batch scheduling software and set up the
              batches that way, with a special user ID and then no one can change them.

              peace,
              clarl 'the dragon' willis

[...]

            • rajesh colluru
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
                Yes we can have two process scheduler but both the env. should be of same tools rel and application so that it won't crash.
                Thanks
                Rajesh

                On 8/1/06, Manoj Negi <negi2u@...> wrote:

                hi,

                is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler (different environment) server in a single box....???

                TIA,

                cheers,
                manoj

                Do you Yahoo!?