two proc server in a single box

  • Manoj Negi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2006
      hi,

      is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler (different environment) server in a single box....???

      TIA,

      cheers,
      manoj

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        No, as long as you have the available bandwidth on the server, it works
        fine - you just need to give them different names. If one is calle PSUNX,
        you need to name the other one anything but PSNT or PSUNX, like PSBOB or my
        favorite, PSDRAGON.

        services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
        only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

        "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
        can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
        spend it for you."

        Carl Sandburg
        (1878 - 1967)

        ----Original Message Follows----

        hi,

        is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler
        (different environment) server in a single box....???

        TIA,

        cheers,
        manoj

      • James Blanding
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
          We have multiple PSUNXs on the same box (and PSNTs as well). They
          just point at different environments.

          You do have to be careful about mixing Tools versions on Windows, however.

          --James

          --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "the dragon" <ceprn@...> wrote:

          > No, as long as you have the available bandwidth on the server, it
          works
          > fine - you just need to give them different names. If one is calle
          PSUNX,
          > you need to name the other one anything but PSNT or PSUNX, like
          PSBOB or my
          > favorite, PSDRAGON.
          >
          > peace,
          > clark 'the dragon' willis
          >

          > PSA: Salary <> Slavery. If you earn a salary, your employer is
          renting your
          > services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is
          the
          > only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be
          > recovered, so don't waste it by giving it away.
          >
          > I work to live; I don't live to work.
          >
          > "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and
          only you
          > can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other
          people
          > spend it for you."
          >
          > Carl Sandburg
          > (1878 - 1967)
          >
          > ----Original Message Follows----
          >
          > hi,
          >
          > is anybody face any issue while setting up two process scheduler
          > (different environment) server in a single box....???
          >
          > TIA,
          >
          > cheers,
          > manoj

          FREE!

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
            True, you can have multiple psocess schedulers pointing to different
            environments. I took the question to mean two different process schedulers
            for the same environment.

[...]

          • Montgomerie, Steve (SSL US)
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
              Can you have two process schedulers and allow only some users access to
              one of them? For example, two process schedulers - one on the same db making
              a bequeath connection for batch jobs and one on a different server for the
              run of the mill on line stuff? I'm in the dark ages here with PeopleTools 818.

              Steve

              Steve Montgomerie
              PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator
              SIEMENS Shared Services, LLC
              4400 Alafaya Trail, M/S AL-999
              Orlando, FL 32826
              Phone: 407 487-5219
              Cell : 407 925 4179
              Fax: 407 487-5850

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2006
                Mongoose!!!!!

                You can, but there are some gotchas - most specifically, ps jobs.. You have
                to set up the process definitions to default to the server you want them to,
                and not let them change them.

                However, the easiest way is to buy batch scheduling software and set up the
                batches that way, with a special user ID and then no one can change them.

                peace,
                clarl 'the dragon' willis

[...]

              • rajesh colluru