RE: PeopleSoft DBA Forum Any ideas??? follow up

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
      Tom,

      Yes, that was it... Stop the process scheduler. Configure, just return
      through all the settings to the end, and restart. I'm not even certain if I
      cleared my cache or not.

      The guy from OraSoft GSC said on or both of my psprcsrv.env or psprcsrv.ubb
      files was corrupt. They were both recreated with the recompile of the
      configuration, so he must have been correct as the problem went away after I
      did that.

      peace,
      clark

      services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
      only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

      "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
      can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
      spend it for you."

      Carl Sandburg
      (1878 - 1967)

      ----Original Message Follows----

      Clark,

      Did you change anything? Was it as simple as stop,
      reconfig, then start? It is still very strange.

      Tom

    • Fazale M. Haq
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
        Dear PeopleSoft Gurus,

        Does anyone has a tool called "PeopleSoft Spy" which enables a user to retrieve the name of a field and the associated PS record simply by a drag and drop on the page? If Yes can you email me?

        Thanking you......

      • raj pandian
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
          I am getting below error while li am ogging in to the Web.

          You may attempt to sign in again.
          If your attempt fails, please contact your System Administrator.

          Please make sure Webserver and Appserver are up.
          java.lang.NullPointerException

          This error thrown after the upgrade from 8.3 to 8.9.
          If anybody came across the same error please share how it is fixed.
          -Raj

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
            It looks like your PIA is broken... I think your webserver configuration is
            broken.

            Have you made certain your Application server is up? And your webserver?
            are you using the correct URL? Are you using HTTP when you should be using
            HTTPS?

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
              Thanks .
              I am logging USING HTTP.The weblogic server version is 8.1.
              User are getting this error randomly during login.Not all the user in the system getting this error.
              Any input on this would be a great help.

              -Shan

              the dragon <ceprn@...> wrote:
[...]

              http://messenger. msn.click- url.com/go/ onm00200471ave/ direct/01/

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Manoj Negi
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 12, 2006
                Ur question looks very unusual. Y u need a specific spy tool, when
                you can find all the information under 'Order' tab. When you open a
                new/existing page, u will see two tabs in the application designer
                i.e. Layout and Order… the info which you are looking for is already
                available under 'Order' tab i.e. Field Name, Field Order, Record Name
                (Each Field) and etc etc…

                hth,

                cheers,
                manoj

                --- In psftdba@yahoogroups.com, "Fazale M. Haq"
                <applicationdeveloper@...> wrote:

                > Dear PeopleSoft Gurus,
                >
                > Does anyone has a tool called "PeopleSoft Spy" which enables a
                user to retrieve the name of a field and the associated PS record
                simply by a drag and drop on the page? If Yes can you email me?

                > Thanking you......

                > Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different.
                Just radically better.

              • Anuroop ranghat