New poll for psftdba

  • psftdba@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2002

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 27, 2003

            o Weblogic
            o Websphere
            o Other

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • psftdba@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 13, 2006
              psftdba group:

              What webserver (serverlet container) do you use for PeopleTools 8.4x? (Tick all that apply).

              o Weblogic
              o Websphere
              o Tomcat
              o Oracle Application Server (Fusion Middleware)
              o Other

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • psftdba@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                psftdba group:

                Select your PeopleSoft Platform (upgrade also)...

                o DB2 UDB 7.1 with AIX 4.3
                o DB2 UDB 7.1 with AIX 5.1L
                o DB2 UDB 8.1 with AIX 4.3
                o DB2 UDB 8.1 with AIX 5.1L
                o DB2 UDB 7.1 with OS/390 (Mainframe)
                o DB2 UDB 8.1 with OS/390 (Mainframe)
                o DB2 UDB 7.1 with HP-UX/TruUnix/Sun Solaris/Linux
                o DB2 UDB 8.1 with HP-UX/TruUnix/Sun Solaris/Linux
                o Oracle 9i with AIX 4.3
                o Oracle 9i with AIX 5.1L
                o Oracle 9i with Windows 2003 Standard Server Edition
                o Oracle 9i with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Edition
                o Oracle 10g with AIX 4.3
                o Oracle 10g with AIX 5.1L
                o Oracle 10g with Windows 2003 Standard Server Edition
                o Oracle 10g with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Edition
                o Oracle 9i with HP-UX/TruUnix/Sun Solaris/Linux
                o Oracle 10g with HP-UX/TruUnix/Sun Solaris/Linux
                o SQL Server 2000 with Windows 2003 Standard Server Edition
                o SQL Server 2000 with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Edition
                o SQL Server 2005 with Windows 2003 Standard Server Edition
                o SQL Server 2005 with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Edition
                o Different DBs For Different Sites/Purpose
                o Not Listed Above

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                  You need to add Oracle on AIX 5.3, or change all your AIX versions to 5.x

                  peace,
                  clark

                  services for 40 hours a week, not purchasing your soul. Your time is the
                  only real finite asset that you have, and once used it can never be

                  "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
                  can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people
                  spend it for you."

                  Carl Sandburg
                  (1878 - 1967)

                  ----Original Message Follows----

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                    I was wondering way Solaris was an other.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • negi2u
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 3, 2006
                      I am agree with you but just would like to inform you that I had just
                      only 25 options to entered when I was forming this poll.

                      Anyway, let this poll be completed and find out the missing
                      platform…. I appreciate your quick response for this poll.

                      This is just to track which OS & DB is mostly used. Also, how many
                      PeopleSoft's clients are willingly to switch over to other platform
                      after acquisition i.e. DB2 + Mainframe to Oracle + Unix flavor....

                      Definitely your responses will help to achieve some conclusion, and I
                      hope that will be beneficiary for all of us.

                      cheers,
                      manoj

                      Failures are the pillar of success.....

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 4, 2006
                        I would *NEVER* be willing to switch from anything that doesn't have Oracle
                        as a back end and Unix as an OS. Windoze/sql server is too flakey, full of
                        security holes and not scalable for large scale applications. DB2 is too
                        slow and cumberson. Ditto for Informix and Sybase. Windoze process
                        schedulers can *barely* handle that, and aren't up to the task of even being
                        PIA hosts. The mainframe, well, perfectly goodas a boat anchor or
                        artificial reef, but not right for Client Server applications.

                        Just my thoughts, based upon 15 years in IT and 7 with PeopleSoft. And,
                        yes, I have been exposed to all of the OSs and databases I have depricated
                        above.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 9, 2012
                          psftdba group:

                          General availability of the Fusion Applications from Q1-2011 raised the concern for many organizations to whether implement/upgrade to Fusion Application (a complicated product suite) OR move to another product suite (ex. workday, SAP). After looking into Oracle Fusion Suite, my understanding is that it's an over-engineered product and many organizations will probably hesitate to implement/upgrade it (obviously, until and unless organization don't see decent ROI).

                          Just asking, what your organization is planning to do �

                          o Yes - Implement/Upgrade to Oracle Fusion Apps
                          o No - Moving to Someother Product Suite
                          o Don't Know - No defined path

                          web site listed above.

                          Thanks!